and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 196 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS Joliet is part of the INEOS Enterprises portfolio. INEOS Enterprises is a global market leader in the production of chemical intermediates that are used as an essential input into chemical value chains across a broad variety of end markets and sectors.
The INEOS Joliet facility was originally constructed by Amoco starting in 1957. At our ~775-acre site in Channahon township, (about 40 miles southwest of Chicago) we produce three products - Purified Isophthalic Acid (PIA), Trimellitic Anhydride (TMA) and Maleic Anhydride (MAN). The proprietary technologies used by INEOS Joliet were originally developed by Amoco at the site.
The IT Client Services Support Engineer will support INEOS Enterprises businesses and their users in all areas of IT operations across different locations. This position will focus on and be responsible for the planning, development, operations, maintenance and management of IT systems and applications.
The IT Client Services Support Engineer will work hand in hand with Infrastructure & Application teams globally in a collaborative way, engaging with end users to resolve a wide range of IT related technical support issues; determining the nature of problems, diagnosing hardware/software incidents, providing efficient and timely assistance, and maintaining strong customer relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Configure, install, reimage, and maintain (break-fix) PCs, desktop phones, peripheral devices, mobile phones, and other technologies in accordance with INEOS Enterprises standards. Perform hardware and software upgrades as required. First level support for all local hardware infrastructure as needed. Responsible for asset assignment and tracking of computing resources and licenses.
- Resolve technical incidents that have been logged with the service desk application. Enter and update issues status when reported by the user. Adhere to ITIL framework during incident/problem (root cause analysis)/change management and to enable continual service improvement through service lifecycle.
- Ensure the work is being performed within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines. Assist other sites as required, ensuring a consistent support structure, and willingness to regional travel, if necessary.
- Educate users on proper, effective, and efficient systems’ usage, train when assisting, and explain issues and solutions in a neat, understandable, and accessible language to the users.
- Ensure proper access is provided to users of systems. Adhere to governance guidelines at all times. Ensure all Group and Enterprise security initiatives, policies and procedures are implemented and followed fully across all businesses.
- Assist with corporate project initiatives that will require onsite IT services and support. Types of projects would include tech refresh efforts, upgrades, and new technology rollouts.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Degree in business informatics or an IT related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of IT infrastructure and application operations.
- Strong service delivery and quality orientation
- ITIL framework & Service Desk best practices is desirable.
- Hardware and Software Asset Management experience is a plus.
- OS, software, network and hardware troubleshooting, management & procurement.
- Facilities management (e.g.: MFD/IDF, server room, backup).
- Fluency in Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Technical support on-site (meeting with users) and/or via remote-access to install & configure systems/mobile devices, cloud services, diagnose software, network (VoIP, Wi-Fi, APs, printing & scanning), or PC (hardware/peripherals issues).
- Support of Active Directory and O365 users and groups administration.
- Internet & Network Security (best practices, client firewall, VPN, anti-virus support).
- Proven processes to streamline support and implementations.
- Software deployment (automation) is a plus.
- PowerShell or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
- General SAP user support is a plus.
- Microsoft (MCSE/A), CISCO (CCNA) or ITIL (Foundation) certifications is advantageous.
- Highly motivated individual with a customer-first focus.
- Strong interpersonal (develop trust and build rapport), effective communication (both written and verbal) to business users & management and delivery skills.
- Ability to break down pain points in action plans for improvement measures.
- Take ownership of technical problems and escalations, and work collaboratively with internal colleagues, departments, and external Service Providers to achieve effective resolutions.
- Open-minded team player spirit with ability to build strong networks.
- Independent & self-motivated personality.
- Good ability to cope with pressure to meet deadlines.
- Constantly strives for growth and learn.
- Flexible, resilient, well organized, and professional with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to think critically & analytically, considering multiple perspectives.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data on a computer monitor. The employee must walk, stand, and travel by car or other means. They must be able to work in a variety of environments that include both fieldwork and deskwork.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination; or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a
condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment): or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption.