Business context and job purpose
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by INEOS. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and an ethane cracker in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The Project One team will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases;
- On-time and within budget;
- Total compliance with all government laws and INEOS policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase.
Purpose of the Job:
The Applications Lead’s role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team.
The Applications Lead is also responsible for planning, design, development, and deployment of information and software systems for business operations.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
The job holder will have the following key accountabilities:
Acquisition & Deployment
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Manage application implementation projects, including coordination of work done by 3rd parties.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent experience with 10 years work experience.
- Multiple years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Extensive experience with core software applications for manufacturing, plant management, laboratory and knowledge management
- Willing and flexibility to travel.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Technically fluent in programming languages.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Fluent written and spoken in Dutch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application