INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 193 manufacturing facilities in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Its businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
How the Role Fits In:
This position reports directly to the INEOS Sales & Use Tax Manager.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The INEOS Americas Group Indirect Tax Senior is responsible for assisting INEOS’ Tax department in the US with all indirect tax reporting, audits and research.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Prepare U.S., state, and Canadian returns, reports, and registrations for excise, sales, use, gross receipts, goods and services / harmonized sales, and other indirect taxes; ascertain that proper exemption certificates are maintained.
- Assist with federal excise, state sales and use tax, and Canadian tax audits.
- Assist in monitoring tax law changes and communicate pertinent changes to internal customers; research tax issues and pursue tax saving opportunities.
- Assist in responding to internal & external customers with tax questions and information requests.
- Assist in pursuing projects that would create value or efficiencies within the organization.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- High level of indirect tax knowledge. The company has a large percentage of its operations located in Texas. The ideal candidate would have a broad knowledge of the Texas Sales & Use tax rules as applicable to manufacturers.
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in industry and/or in the tax department of a large firm of accountants.
- Former state indirect tax auditor a plus
- CMI or CPA preferred
Skills and Competencies
Technical skills -
- Required to have well developed PC skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications, including Microsoft Excel (ability to perform functions within Excel including pivot tables, v-lookups), experience in SAP and experience or proficiency with Vertex, OneSource or other transaction tax calculation systems a plus.
Behavioral skills –
- Should be pro-active and have strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues.
- Able to present information effectively and persuasively to other people both internally and externally.
- Should be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the changing demands of both INEOS Group and the US Business Units.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately to ensure that tight deadlines and high standards are met.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.