INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Port Lavaca, TX
and job purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. INEOS includes 67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOS’s annual turnover is around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant located near Victoria, Texas, is a world scale, state of the art chemical complex. The primary product from this site is Acrylonitrile, a chemical intermediate used in the production of acrylic fibers, plastics, and nitrile rubber. Acetonitrile and Hydrogen Cyanide are co-products of the Acrylonitrile production process. Acetonitrile is purified through a proprietary process to produce a very high quality material with little waste generated.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary role of the I&E Technician is performing repair, installation, trouble shooting, calibration and some field design of electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment. The technician utilizes a variety of test and analyzing equipment to calibrate, evaluate performance, and adjust controls for optimum plant performance. The technician is a member of the plant Emergency Response Team (ERT).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Adhering to and supporting the INEOS 20 Principles and INEOS Global Life Saving Rules.
- Ensuring all job activities are executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles and the Culture of Prevention.
- Job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles and the Culture of Prevention.
- Embraces INEOS Life Saving Rules in all aspects of work.
- Performs repair, installation, trouble shooting, calibration and some field design on electrical and instrument systems as directed by the I&E supervisor.
- Provides documentation of changes and modifications of the work assigned.
- Provides technical assistance to contract personnel engaged in electrical and instrumentation as requested by supervisor.
- Works with high voltage up to 13.8 kv
- Troubleshoots motor controls and motor starters up to 4.1 kv
- Uses SAP to order parts, track work orders, and input charges
- Uses calibration software and computer aided calibrators to perform instrument calibrations
- Reads electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, and ladder logic for troubleshooting and system understanding
- Installs and troubleshoots fiber optic networks
- Participates in factory acceptance testing and functional testing of new installations to verify proper operation
- Writes procedures for checkout and maintenance of systems located throughout the plant
- Actively participates as a member of the Fire Rescue and Emergency Squad.
- Conducts all work assigned in a safe manner for the protection of all.
- Attends scheduled safety meetings and regulatory training.
- Follows established maintenance procedures, specifications and
- standards in initiation, execution, and completion of assigned work orders.
- Attends training sessions designed to improve skills and acquaint technician with new equipment, repair and troubleshooting techniques.
- Works overtime as circumstances warrant.
- Is available for call out on holidays and weekends as is necessary for the continued operation of the plant.
- Promptly communicates abnormal conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains clean and orderly area and reports all safety hazards immediately to the supervisor.
- Participate in audits and interviews, including 20 Principals, OSHA, TNRCC, ISO, etc.
- Reports all incidents and completes incident report in Gensuites.
Education & Experience:
- 2 year technical degree in an Instrument or Electrical discipline.
- 5 years of experience in an industrial chemical manufacturing facility required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge in Excel, Word and other common computing software is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong computative and analytical ability required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the following preferred
- pH Meter and Analyzers
- Volt ohm meter
- Pressure, Temperature, and Level Instruments
- Turbidity Meters and Analyzers
- Conductivity Meter
- O2 Analyzers
- CEM's Analyzers
- PAMS Monitors.
- Ability to perform duties and climb stairs while wearing 35 lb Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Fire Bunker Gear or fully enclosed Hazardous Chemical Suit for 30 minutes at a time.
- Ability to climb fixed vertical ladder cages at heights up to 30 ft. To a total of 200 ft. (Ladder cages provide rest stop every 30 ft.)
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs carrying a weighted object, i.e. Fire Extinguisher. Ability to open/close large valves. Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 18” man-way, for rescue and permitting purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or rescue a person while wearing necessary PPE.
- Able to pull approximate 100 lbs., as a part of Emergency Rescue.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment: hard hat, safety glasses, chemical goggles, faces shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face cartridge masks.
- Ability to perform Emergency Response Duties.
- Ability to safely work with hazardous chemicals according to facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to work a 4/10 schedule with periodic overtime. Must be able to work outdoors/inclement weather
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, stoop/bend, kneel, squat, crouch, crawl, lift, carry, endurance, push/pulling.
- Must be able to tolerate confined spaces and work at heights. Operate emergency response vehicles. Ambulance, fire truck, response van. Automatic/standard transmission.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
- Must possess valid driver’s license to operate emergency equipment, i.e. ambulance/fire truck
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.