Pasadena, Texas, United States
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: I&E Technician
Level of Education & Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or the ability to read, write, and perform mathematics at this level.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the process instrumentation and/or electrical trades in Chemical or Petrochemical process plant environments.
- Completion of a 2-Year technical degree or higher education in Industrial Electrical, Instrumentation, or similar program is preferred.
- Certifications from trade schools and/or professional organizations are preferred.
- NCCER Industrial Maintenance Electrical and/or Instrumentation training/certificate or similar preferred.
- Texas Electrician Journeyman’s license is also preferred.
- Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field instrumentation devices for process equipment including flow, pressure, temperature, level, analytical, MV and LV distribution and controls.
- Installation, calibration, inspection, troubleshooting and repair of instruments and electrical equipment, in accordance with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, ISA and Company Standards.
- Identify, interpret and effectively use drawings and documentation related to electrical and process controls including electrical one-line diagrams, wiring schematics, control schematics, P&ID’s, cause and effect diagrams, instrument loop diagrams, etc.
- Interpret and troubleshoot PLC and DCS logic including ladder logic and function block.
- Work safely on AC distribution systems from 12k volts to 120 volts.
- Work safely on DC loop systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair motor control circuits and equipment including VFD’s, motors and motor control circuits.
- Operate powered moving equipment, e.g., fork truck.
- VFD programming.
- Control valve repair.
- Support Plant Operations to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
- This position – and all positions - within the INEOS Styrolution organization requires that the incumbent commit to learning, following and practicing the INEOS 20 Principles of Process and Behavioral Safety. Each employee must also commit to following the INEOS Life Saving Rules on a daily basis. These Principles and Rules are posted within each INEOS Styrolution facility.
- Maintain strict adherence to environmental, health, and safety regulations, rules, and procedures. Follow all safety and process safety protocols and procedures. Actively participate to maintain and improve safety performance.
- Support site profitability, regulatory compliance, and product quality through executing equipment preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with procedures and best practices seeking maintenance excellence. Support asset improvement initiatives.
- Promote continual improvement of safety and asset reliability through equipment, job plan, and procedure revisions. Work to improve maintenance processes and methods to reduce potential mistakes and defects. Collaborate with operations to resolve asset issues.
- Troubleshoot and determine causes of asset poor performance, failure, and wear. Propose and lead changes to improve reliability and optimize cost.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records, including labor hours, observations, and actions taken in a computerized maintenance management system. Report findings appropriately.
- Develop knowledge and use of required computer software including Microsoft Office applications, SAP (CMMS), and other specific business applications as required.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Pasadena, Texas, United States, only 15 miles from Houston!
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application