Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, acetonitrile and acrylonitrile catalyst.
The Technology and Engineering group is located in Aurora, Illinois and has global responsibility for Nitriles manufacturing technical support, including problem solving, process improvements, major project support, TAR support and AN Catalyst development as well as sales and licensing support. The incumbent is part of the Technology and Engineering team and reports directly to the R&D Manager and dotted line to the US C3D HR Manager.
The role of this job is to manage the day to day needs of the Commercial, Engineering and Research Teams in the Meridian and Commerce buildings, located in Aurora, Illinois. In addition to the “traditional” administrative assistant role of ordering kitchen and office supplies, managing conference rooms, etc. this role also manages and plans the facility budget, does procurement duties, manages small contracts (i.e. local lawn maintenance), manages the Meridian building lease, has a hazardous waste certification, manages the warehouse and handles the shipping and receiving area. This role will support the HR Department and become proficient in the HRIS system and provide payroll back up for US Nitriles. Will support the US HR Manager in daily HR activities and will be the HR focal point in Aurora. The role is part of the Facilities management team, consisting of the Site Director, a Maintenance Manager, a SHE manager and the Office Operations Manager.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Site Budget Management (joint with Facilities Maintenance Manager)
- Prepare budgets for Building needs, including capex
- Analyze and prepare spending trends and forecasts as required
- Maintain and support INEOS internal control process and the delegation of authority as it relates to financial transactions
- Asset Manager for Warehouse, Office area, Shipping and Receiving
- Maintain Hazardous Waste Certification
- Assist in hiring process
- Assist on-boarding of new hires
- Tracks performance appraisals
- Back up for payroll processing for Nitriles US
- Coordinate special events, townhalls, business meetings, etc..
- Coordinate and manage digital file storage for HR department
- Focal point for drug screens
- Maintain bulletin boards and legal compliance posters
- Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE)
- Demonstrate strong safety commitment, shown by understanding and practicing safety policies. Champions and practices the INEOS 20 principles.
- Participate as part of the Emergency Response and Facilities Team
- Manage Building camera integrity and report any issues to Security Coordinator.
- Act as Global Administrator for INEOS Nitriles SHE database (Gensuites)
- Trains employees, manage training modules and provide reports to Team
- INEOS Community representative and Site Event Planner
- Act as site liaison for community relations such as the INEOS Daily Mile and the Business Owners Association for the Meridian Business Complex
- Plan and manage any customer or site events, handling planning and organization for executive level meetings
- Procurement and Work Management
- Joint responsibility with Maintenance for gaining approval, prioritizing and scheduling maintenance activities for the site.
- Database Management
- INEOS Aurora SharePoint Administrator
- Manage file integrity and permissions per business area
- Manage document control and review of documents on site
- Update monthly with safety data and other community information
- VTA Administrator
- Manage and administer the training system
- Meridian and Commerce site support
- Directs contract admin support as needed (usual project based)
- Managing time and adjusting to resolve problems quickly. Occasionally this will require working outside normal hours.
- Ordering and maintaining office and kitchen supplies
- Preparing and/or editing documents, such as expense reports, memos and invoices
- Creating spreadsheets, managing databases, preparing presentations
- Negotiating with vendors
- Managing stock rooms and libraries
- Managing videoconferencing, fax communications and office equipment
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting arrangements and coordination
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 5+ years’ experience as a General Office Clerk or Administrative Assistant or HR Assistant
- Office Management Associate Degree preferred
- Payroll processing experience, Workday preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows platform, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Strong knowledge of SAP for purchase orders and invoice processing
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Strong organizational skill and ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience managing a budget
Expected Salary Range:
Based on skills & experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.