INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
The HCM Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, design, implementation, rollout, maintenance, workflows, processes, communications, training, budgeting, and general management of the HCM system(s). This working manager role also will perform HCM configuration changes and obtain input/approvals from key stakeholders on setting priorities. As the internal system expert for HR, the Manager will obtain requirements from the Subject Matter Experts and will perform the research necessary to provide the HR teams with solutions and alternatives. The Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of the HCM system, including the vendors associated with key aspects of the HCM system(s).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Primary responsibilities are to translate business needs into functional and technical requirements, to implement solutions and to coordinate & lead activities related to project work plans.
- Conduct systems needs analyses and make recommendations for improvements; to include recommendations following technology updates.
- Facilitates discussions between HR & subject matter experts, as it relates to system wide functionality, to review business needs, requirements, alternative solutions & process improvements. Thinks ‘outside the box’ for solutions when system limitations are experienced.
- Establish priorities for system changes, fixes, and upgrades.
- Supports clients through testing.
- Align technology and resources to maximize organizational objectives.
- Helps design system specifications and works with internal/ external technical resources to ensure that the HCM system is accessible, operational and fully functional.
- Lead core HR systems team & manage day to day operations of HR systems.
- Research and resolve user requests and issues in timely manner by setting expectations and following through to closure; to include cases where vendor support is requested.
- Updates and maintains configurations in the HCM system; to include integrations, HCM system security, system-wide defaults, department and location data, compensation administration data, performance management data.
- Lead HR systems governance committee, including trend analysis, project updates, gathering feedback, setting priorities.
- Manage vendor relationships, budget, contracts, performance, upgrades, RFPs.
- Designs HR special reports and dashboards by creating and modifying queries using the system’s reporting utilities as requested. Consults with Subject Matter Experts with designing their own reports.
- Cross-training with the core HR systems team on system security, user access and other areas as determined.
- Serve as the primary correspondent for HR communications. To include coaching, developing and training HR teams as needs are identified and as system modifications warrant.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 5+ years’ experience with various HCM system modules and functionality, including but not limited to HR, Compensation, Workflow, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, Reporting.
- 5 years of industry experience delivering HCM solutions. Workday experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years in a leadership position that required interaction with all levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Thorough understanding of HCM, recruiting, compensation, benefits, succession planning, and performance management system features and processes, with the ability to design solutions which support diverse policies and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot and research log files for integration failures
- Adept with understanding integration logic, and able to communicate with partner developers on improvements as conditions warrant. Ability to design and author design specifications for partner development
- Technical knowledge to understand concepts around authentication practices, identity management, and integration security protocols
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-harmonized environment with high level of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter and one who follows through on all job duties
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management within the operating companies
- Good change management & project management practices
- Strong analytical and planning skills, with the ability to balance the immediate requirements while allowing for future growth in the system utilization
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong understanding of software testing principles and practices
External candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Pay: $127,810.00 - $146,980.00 per year
(Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.)
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application