Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The HR Operations Analyst at Lima, Ohio is a member of the local Human Resource team and works under the direction of the local Human Resource manager providing business essential and cost-effective compensation practices complying with federal, state and local legal labor requirements.
This role supports the INEOS Nitriles business in the Lima and Chicago locations. This position also is responsible for supporting the financial administration portion of the labor union contract. This role carries a high degree of importance as the incumbent coordinates all compensation programs for the site, including payroll and special pay programs, and participates in wage and salary surveys. This position also holds primary local responsibility for HR and payroll systems, data, and reports. The incumbent must maintain a thorough understanding of union contracts, benefits packages, and company policies and procedures as they relate to matters of compensation. This position also serves as a source of data and expertise for HR processes while supporting the HR team, site management, and other INEOS locations on various special projects as needed.
This role supports Nitriles corporate HR and works with the Nitriles HR Director coordinating global compensation programs for the Nitriles business, global headcount and other monthly reports, plus other HR items as requested.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinates all payroll activities for Lima site, consisting of two business units - Nitriles and Catalyst - spread across two locations - Lima and Chicago - encompassing both hourly and salaried personnel. This includes the scheduling, computing and processing of payroll and time entry systems as well as timely funding. Analyzes and verifies all reports for accuracy and makes payments for miscellaneous deductions to the appropriate vendors. Completes and reviews Tax Reconciliation worksheets for each PSID as well as verifies quarterly tax reports from Workday and forwards for INEOS company-wide tax reconciliation. Responds to questions regarding payroll issues from HR personnel, managers, and employees and resolves discrepancies that arise.
- Analyzes compensation data and makes recommendations regarding employee remuneration to other Human Resources personnel on matters such as employees' promotions, hires, transfers, increases, etc. Participates in external wage and salary surveys.
- Local administrator for all special pay programs. Assists managers with pay processes. Calculates and prepares necessary information to ensure proper payment. Programs include such things as: annual salary planning, union contract negotiations or wage increases, bonuses, etc.
- Responsible for Ohio Workers Compensation program - spreadsheet design, calculations, payments, and annual true-up - to meet legal requirements on a timely basis with accurate funding.
- Consults with accounting department on payroll general ledger entry issues as well as benefit reconciliations. Calculates and prepares payroll information for cash forecast reports. Calculates and creates accrual numbers for accounting - monthly payroll accruals, annual vacation accruals, bonus accruals, etc.
- Designs and compiles manpower reports for senior management including monthly headcount, absence, overtime, SHE manhours, and various government and payroll reports. Initiates Personnel Management of Change process. Maintains hourly seniority information database and site organization charts.
- Tracks FMLA and STD leaves of absence and ensures compensation of such. Advises management of absence issues and disciplinary steps needed.
- Inputs HR and payroll information into HR systems and ensures data integrity via maintenance of data and periodic reviews to verify accuracy and completeness. Serves as a source for data and designs queries from HR systems for HR reporting, management requests, and special projects. Designs and maintains spreadsheets and databases to facilitate these processes.
- Develops and implements efforts to improve and automate payroll and time reporting for all personnel at Lima site.
- Implements design and upkeep of local HR intranet website and coordinates other websites across the Lima site.
- Designs training materials for various HR processes/systems. Trains employees on systems and processes - time entry, self-service, payroll procedures, reporting, etc.
- Plans, coordinates, and audits training and staff development programs for site to ensure compliance with company, plant, and regulatory requirements.
- Member of the site Training group in reviewing training goals, identifying issues, and taking action to correct items.
- Networks with management, supervisors, and the Training group in determining training needs.
- Develops a Training Plan that covers all regulatory needs and management's training goals annually. Responsible for requesting and overseeing any potential training grants available.
- Assists management, supervisors, Hourly Training Coordinator, and VTA Coordinator in achieving training goals and meeting regulatory training requirements.
- Reviews training documentation periodically to insure we have met retention requirements for regulatory training which will satisfy auditors and addresses any issues.
- Supports HR team with shared IT skills and information systems knowledge. Assists HR team with information for employee questions and requests, union issues, negotiations, budgeting and special projects as requested. Assists other HR locations with necessary queries and reports as needed. Serves as backup for local point of contact for benefit and other HR questions from employees.
- Supports projects for other departments at Lima or within INEOS as skills and availability allow.
- Calculates special pay programs and prepares necessary information for global HR/payroll personnel to ensure proper payment. Programs include such things as: annual salary planning, bonuses, Variable Pay Program, Long Term Incentive Program, etc.
- Designs, implements, and compiles monthly manpower reports including headcount, absence, and various other HR employee data by gathering information and coordinating with all locations.
- Compiles other corporate reports throughout the year as needed such as demographics reports, Hay salary survey, etc.
- Supports HR Director with other tasks and requests as needed.
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, candidate must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to start date.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Human Resources or equivalent
- 5+ years accounting/payroll experience
- Knowledge and understanding of union contracts and current laws and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll laws and regulations
- Excellent IT skills in the use of PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint) and demonstrated ability to readily learn and apply new IT software packages
- Knowledge and experience in Workday HR and time entry programs
- Demonstrated ability with strong attention to details and bias for action
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task to cover multiple responsibilities and deadlines
Target Salary Range: $90,600 – 95,400
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.