Job Title : HR Officer
Level : Hay 33
INEOS Business : Olefins and Polymers Europe (North)
Location : Brussels (Neder-over-Heembeek)
Reports to : NOH Site HR Manager
Job Context, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
INEOS is one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world with annual sales of $61bn. We have grown rapidly in the petrochemicals sector over the past 20 years. In many of the markets we operate in, we are number one in the world. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world, employing around 26,000 people.
The HR Officer acts as the first point of contact for all payroll and administrative personnel matters for the employees on the NOH Site.
In this role, the HR Officer is responsible for a correct, timely and efficient execution of the payroll and personnel administration. The HR Officer also supports the HR Manager in various HR processes (recruitment, appraisals ,onboarding…) and edits the reports necessary for internal and legal purposes.
The HR Officer keeps the HR policies and other relevant HR information up to date.
- Payroll administration Responsible for the monthly payroll for all employees on NOH payroll: - monthly preparation and processing of the salary calculations, in collaboration with a social bureau - keeping the employee and salary data up to date in the master database - implementing changes of work regimes in the master database - implementing collective labour agreement adjustments and inflations in the wage software package. - answer questions from employees regarding payroll administration. - manage payroll instructions and keep them up to date, taking into account legal changes and collective labour agreement adjustments.
- Attendance and absence management Coordinates all activities related to time registration and supports employees using the time registration tool Create new work plans, absences coding, solves anomalies, performing some simple programming in the system and edit various ad-hoc reports.
- Personnel administration Responsible for the day-to-day personnel administration: - prepare social documents - answer questions from employees regarding personnel administration - determining holiday rights - collecting relevant HR publication for publication on the intranet site, - management of educational leave - prepare contracts and social documents for part-time workers and explains admin processes and implications to the employees.
- Recruitment & Selection Responsible for the internal and external job postings Organise the interviews sessions which will be done by team leaders and the HR Manager Contact person for the temp agencies regarding administrative settlement of contracts, payroll and invoicing Responsible with the HR Manager for the onboarding of new employees
- HR Information Prepare various monthly and ad hoc reports Keep relevant HR information and procedures up to date
- Trainings & Development Responsible for the management of the trainings and performance data bases Organise trainings with teams managers and service providers
- Medical check-ups Organize the yearly medical check-ups for employees
- HR Projects Assists the HR manager in the organization and implementation of different HR projects, such as social elections, Flex Income plans…
Key Skills & Knowledge and Competencies Required
Education and Experience
Master in HR Management with minimum 2 years of experience Bachelor HR Support or HR Payroll with minimum 10 years of experience
- Payroll software (EBlox is a plus)
- Time registration software (Prime Time is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of MS Office 365 – particularly Excel
- Good knowledge of social legislation
- High autonomy, pro-activity, able to take “ad hoc” decision
- Good ownership of problems and results oriented (finding solutions), accurate.
- Proven organizational skills, with the ability to focus on deliverables
- Empathetic and honest
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Empathetic and honest
- Discrete and able to handle confidential information
- French and Dutch : fluent
- Good level in English
Apply by sending your ‘Expression of interest letter’ to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org