HR Business Partner
Pasadena, Texas and Texas City, Texas, USA
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The HR Business Partner will perform multiple HR generalist activities including recruiting, employee/labor relations, compensation, performance management, organizational development, and training guidance. In this role you will provide HR expertise to help achieve site strategy and goals at two manufacturing plants. You will advise management and employees in Human Resources matters and ensure compliance with company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
In this role, you will interact with the plant operations leadership and workforce, as well as your colleagues in the Americas HR team on a regular basis. You will:
- Maintain a recruiting strategy for hourly and salary positions at the plants. This includes utilizing sourcing abilities, leveraging referrals and promoting internal growth opportunities.
- Ensure our management prepares a onboarding experience for new hires in which you will assist them to develop a thought-out schedule, mentorship, team dynamics and first work assignments.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct objective investigations.
- Maintain legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing our legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Encourage employee engagement and community activities, help plan events or celebrations, foster open conversations and create a culture of belonging and inclusiveness.
- Support labor relations in Collective Bargaining Agreement interpretation, contingency planning and negotiations.
- Provide back-up support to the HR Rep (e.g., may include time-entry payroll processing, if needed, or assistance with HR measurements, such as headcount, overtime, turnover).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other relevant field
- At least 3 years of exempt-level HR generalist experience is required
- HR Certification (e.g., PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry with understanding of rotating shift schedules and 24/7 operations
- Workday payroll and time/attendance, Success Factors HRIS/ATS or similar system knowledge and efficiency with usage functionality
- Full-cycle recruiting experience using mainstream and local job boards including social media platforms. (e.g. LinkedIn recruiter, Glassdoor and Indeed, passive searching)
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, EEO, and ADA).
- Competencies: Business Acumen, Communication, Relationship Management, Ethical Practice, Critical Evaluation, Consultation, Cultural Effectiveness, HR technical competencies
This opportunity involves supporting two plant locations. One is located in Pasadena, Texas and the other is in Texas City, Texas. The sites are approximately 20 miles apart. Pasadena is part of the Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles from downtown. Texas City is about 40 miles Southeast of Houston and 10 miles north of Galveston Island. Please note that relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application