Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Sulphur Chemicals; Salt; and Electrochemical and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies.
INOVYN’s Emulsion PVC technology (E-PVC) is used to produce PVC specialties at four manufacturing sites across Europe (France, Germany, Sweden and Norway). There are 13 different production lines making around 40 different grades, with a combined production of around 240Ktes and an ambitious business plan to add significant capacity in the coming years.
As an E-PVC Process Engineer, you will join the central Research, Technology & Engineering unit (RTE), which supports the sites in achieving higher productivity and quality levels, at the highest safety standards, while centrally developing the technology in terms of raw material testing, technology development and industrialisation of research.
This opening is part of the INEOS Graduate Scheme. From day one you will be given real work in a meaningful role and as a valued member of a team. We get fresh perspective and you feel valued because you get to work day-to-day with high calibre individuals - experts in their field - from the start of your career. See ineos.com/careers/graduates
- You will initially focus on technology development and raw material testing for our pilot plant.
- Depending on skills and experience, you will progressively join the RTE E-PVC team in supporting plants with the following accountabilities:
- raw materials management: new product screening, testing in the laboratory, plant trials
- support site production engineers and managers in order to understand the root cause of performance degradation, of production incidents and accidents.
- In the longer term, you may take responsibility for a broader range of E-PVC technology activities such as process and project support, and knowledge management.
- It is also possible that your career path will lead to taking a process engineer function in a production unit, within the PVC technology, or in the broader range of INOVYN production technologies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in chemical/process engineering.
- Able to demonstrate strong autonomy and self-organisation as you will work in a geographically disperse organisation.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated personality.
- Able to convince others to collaborate in order to meet timeline and targets.
- Comfortable with different cultural backgrounds and behaviours.
- Fluent in French and English (written/spoken). The ability to speak other languages (German, Norwegian, Swedish) would be an advantage.
- You will be required to take regular trips to other INOVYN sites and to visit suppliers. This will include occasional long stays at other production plants for the commissioning and start-up of projects (several weeks). The travel requirement is expected to be between 20-30%.
Please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 7 May 2021.