IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2020, sales were at 4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For our office/site in Antwerpwe are looking for a
Global Research Specialist
YOUR JOB AT INEOS STYROLUTION
As Global Research Specialist, you are responsible to translate the global customer and business needs to improved and new products from lab to production plant, you actively support the R&D projects and you follow and create intellectual property. To achieve these goals, you will head a team of lab technicians and operators and be responsible for an R&D laboratory and pilot plant. This includes management of people, assets, budget and operations.
You will be interacting with all relevant stakeholders for a structured transfer of R&D know-how and follow up until the new product/process is implemented. You maintain close contact with all R&D sites and manufacturing sites around the globe in order to cumulate and grow the global know how on your product portfolio. Your focus product portfolio are styrene-butadiene block-copolymers (SBCs) produced by anionic polymerization. You are willing to travel to meet internal and external parties as required for the job.
• Strong SHE (safety, health environment) awareness.
• A PhD degree in science, preferably polymer chemistry.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in leading research projects at university or industry.
• Experiences in innovation / R&D management and IP matters are helpful.
• Understanding and/or interest of process/engineering aspects (cfr pilot plant) are helpful.
• People management experiences are a plus.
• Empowers others to meet and exceed their objectives and bring passion to their work.
• Stimulates inclusive work environment, able to interact and motivate.
• Act as challenger in a constructive way for the sake of continuous improvement.
• Strong project and resource planning capabilities.
• Open to travel 20% of the time.
• Dutch and English are mandatory, German and any other language is helpful.
• Good IT skills (mainly MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinking.
• Identify work that matters most.
• Pro-active and self-motivated.
• Agile & flexible mindset.
• Taking initiative and decisions.
• Understands the importance of team work and actively co-operates in networks.
• Well-organized with good attention to details and accuracy.
• Embraces innovation.
• Ask for and act on feedback.
• Fluent in virtual work environment.
• Good communication skills.
• Appreciation of diverse cultures and regional practices.
WHAT WE OFFER
An R&D position in a Research & Development environment within the polymer industry, with focus on safety, innovation, customers and sustainability. Next to this you will work in an environment where you can grow and collaborate broadly within and outside the company.
Do you feel the chemistry? Apply at www.ikwordstyrolution.be.
We are looking forward seeing you!
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application