Your Team: To strengthen our Engineering team with targeting the Grenadier delivery in 2022, but also with focus on business expansion and becoming a multiple program automotive company, we are looking for Passive Safety Engineer at INEOS Automotive who will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: As a Functional Safety Engineer, you will work in an OEM new product development environment that develops On Road and Off-Road Vehicles from concept to launch. One of the key functions of this position is to support the functional safety lead in the process development, work-products and management of the function through the life cycle of the vehicle development under the scope of ISO 26262 but not exclusive.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implementation of Functional Safety measures at the project level in accordance with ISO 26262 and functional safety processes
- Work with vehicle program teams to implement Functional Safety
- Living and strengthening a safety culture
- Active collaboration with the Functional Safety Lead and the other related domains in the company, e.g. Active Safety Lead, E/E, Powertrain, etc.
- Supporting the project teams in Functional Safety for vehicle systems (embedded software, hardware and mechanics) in the development process acc. ISO26262
- Implementation and evaluation of safety analysis (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, CPA, FFI, DFA)
- Participation in tool classification and qualification
- Participation and support in Safety Assessments
- Active participation in hardware and software design
- Participation in test specifications as well as evaluation of the test results
- Verification of security design and implementation of test specifications
- Report to Senior Manager Vehicle Conformity for non-conforming regulatory issues
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positive contribute to meetings and briefings
- Successfully completed studies in electrical engineering, computer science or comparable experience in engineering environment.
- 3 years experience in automotive Functional Safety Development acc. ISO 26262, as well as in A-SPICE automotive development.
- Experience within a cross-functional and distributed team capable to discuss and communicate system and functional safety requirements
- Experience with manufacturing, OEM or first tier 1 supplier
- demonstrate direct knowledge of automotive design and engineering process, from concept to industrialisation.
- Well-founded knowledge of safety analysis (FME(D)A, HAZOP, HARA, FSC, TSC, FTA, CPA, FFI, DFA).
- Knowledge of SOTIF and Cyber-security, is desirable.
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture as well familiar with architecture best practices at functional and physical level, in which it can either be at vehicle or component level.
- Capable to describe and communicate test cases, test scenarios, procedures and methods
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of the time).