Fixed Equipment Engineer
Channahon, Illinois, United States
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
Safety, remains and always will be our number one priority at INEOS. Our US locations are following the INEOS Covid protocols for new hires as a condition of employment:
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated prior to start date, and
- Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement of employment
The Position: Fixed Equipment Engineer :
The objective of this position is to serve the Channahon site as the main technical contact for fixed equipment repairs and equipment reliability.
Level of education & knowledge: Required a minimum of a bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering field.
Experience in general:
- At least 3 years of experience supporting fixed equipment in a chemical or petrochemical environment.
- Experience with fixed equipment, including piping, vessels, tanks, RVs, etc.
- Experience with preparing job repair scopes
- Experience with risk based inspection strategies.
- Proficient in assessing equipment fitness-for-service and equipment end-of-life
- Requires a high degree of initiative and ingenuity to work with production, contractors, engineering, maintenance craft persons and other site functions.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of required safety regulations and standard operating procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of material compatibility and materials of construction
- Champion safety as highest priority in both the development and execution of maintenance/reliability work.
- Ensure mechanical integrity requirements under OSHA's Process Safety Management are met in regard to fixed equipment and systems.
- Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance and inspection programs on existing fixed equipment based on regulatory requirements and best engineering practices.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines a site "Asset Management Plan" that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks to help control and reduce maintenance costs.
- Effective utilization of predictive and preventive methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Review inspection findings and develop scopes of repair for site fixed equipment.
- Recommends and supervises repairs to site fixed equipment especially in areas where mechanical engineering input is required.
- Owner of the site fixed equipment inspection program which includes piping, pressure vessels, boilers, fired heaters, API equipment and pressure relief devices.
- Works with 3rd party certified inspectors to assign inspection intervals and develop inspection plans in order to maintain compliance with all engineering/regulatory codes.
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to determine true root cause and implement appropriate corrective actions to eliminate recurrence.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the final check out of new installations; including factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Provide project management of projects up to $500,000 including unit and site turnarounds.
- Participates in and provides input to Process Hazard Assessments (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR) and the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Frequent viewing a computer monitor, stooping/crouching, balancing, climbing, twisting/turning, reaching above shoulder level, simple grasping/manipulation of both hands, exposure to dust/gas fumes, chemicals/solvents, temperature extremes, high noise levels and electrical sources.
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to 50lbs, travel, pushing/pulling from a standing/seated position, kneeling, crawling, firm grasping of both hands, operating machinery, wearing occlusive clothing, exposure to allergic agents, enclosed spaces, wet conditions and reduced lighting.
- Medical clearance needed to wear a respirator.
Please note that sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Channahon, Illinois, United States only one hour from Chicago, Illinois.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
- We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application