Fixed Equipment Engineer - Reliability
Pasadena, Texas - Styrene
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard, and styrenic specialties. We offer excellent production facilities, revolutionary R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years of experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while making the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- The global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at INEOS. Our US locations are following the INEOS Covid protocols for new hires as a condition of employment:
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated prior to start date, and
- Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement of employment
TheFixed Equipment Engineer serves as the main technical contact for process unit repairs and equipment reliability. This position interacts directly with the maintenance technicians and supervision of the styrene maintenance department, and is a key person in setting the long-term maintenance priorities for the unit. This position also interfaces with all of the external maintenance and service suppliers for the unit, especially in the areas of fixed equipment maintenance.
- Works with maintenance supervisors to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing fixed equipment based on manufacture’s recommendation or best engineering practices.
- Recommends and supervises repair to styrene unit equipment especially in areas where mechanical engineering input is required.
- Develops the job repair scope, solicits bids for the work and recommends the contractor for the work when outside resources for repair are required.
- Works with the unit inspector to assign inspection intervals and inspection techniques to all relief valves and API unit equipment in order to maintain mechanical integrity and compliance with all engineering/regulatory codes.
- Provides the first stage investigation for reliability and capital projects and works with the technical engineering department to bring these projects to completion.
- Researches and provides information for recommended preventative maintenance techniques for styrene equipment.
- Ensures the use of proper repair techniques, and also has a large amount of interaction with the other aspects of performing maintenance including the preparation and return to service steps for equipment.
- Determines the monitoring and preventative maintenance necessary to maintain equipment reliability and for analyzing failures of equipment, determining root causes, and implementing corrective action.
- Assists the Project Engineering department with economic justification for reliability projects.
- Supports company personal and process safety in various ways, including participation or leadership of: Process Hazard Analysis assessments, Management of Change and Process Safety Start Up Evaluations, and incident investigations.
- B.S. Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience supporting fixed equipment in a chemical or petrochemical environment
- Experience with fixed equipment, including piping, vessels, tanks, RVs, etc.
- Experience with preparing job repair scopes
- Proficient assessing equipment fitness-for-service and equipment end-of-life
- Knowledge of maintenance execution and cost tracking techniques
- Experience with equipment including high temperature reactor metallurgy and steam superheating furnace preferred
This opportunity is in Pasadena , Texas about 40 miles Southeast of Houston and 10 miles north of Galveston Island. Seeking local candidates, however minimal relocation assistance may be available.
Why Should You Apply?
- We have competitive salaries, performance-related pay, and bonuses.
- A comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life, and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees.
- We recognize success and reward achievements.
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices.
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives.
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments.
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application