Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
and job purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. INEOS includes 67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOS’s annual turnover is around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant located near Victoria, Texas, is a world scale, state of the art chemical complex. The primary product from this site is Acrylonitrile, a chemical intermediate used in the production of acrylic fibers, plastics, and nitrile rubber. Acetonitrile and Hydrogen Cyanide are co-products of the Acrylonitrile production process. Acetonitrile is purified through a proprietary process to produce a very high quality material with little waste generated.
The purpose of this position is to prepare timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis in accordance with proper accounting standards and procedures.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Adhere to and support the INEOS 20 Principles and INEOS Life Saving Rules. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles and the Culture of Prevention.
- Perform month end close activities accurately and timely, ensuring the integrity of the financial results of the site.
- Prepare monthly financial reports that recap plant performance and perform necessary analysis to clearly interpret these results for management.
- Analyze trends and prepare financial forecasts for the site as required.
- Assist in the consolidation and management of the Annual Plant Budget.
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations including analyzing account details as required.
- Coordinate site wide utility distribution to ensure proper recording and allocation of costs by product/business.
- Interpret financial transactions and events for users to aid in making economic or business decisions.
- Utilize expertise in SAP to provide support to other users where needed.
- Lead Direct Pay Sales & Use Tax efforts for compliance, filing and reporting.
- Coordinate sales and use tax audits.
- Serve as backup for Accounts Payable Specialist in AP duties as well as the weekly cash forecast.
- Maintain master data, update rates, reconcile weekly 3rd party invoices, prepare and post accruals all related to time entry as the site (CATS) Administrator.
- Prepare, analyze, and post payroll actuals and accruals, which includes salary and hourly.
- Prepare journal entry for upload to SAP and collect and file supporting documentation for AMEX procard purchases.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Apply a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Support compliance efforts with both governmental and private auditors as required.
- Prepare any reports as necessary to satisfy internal or external reporting requirements.
- Participate in audits and interviews, including 20 Principals, OSHA, TNRCC, ISO 9002, etc.
- Complete all required Safety Training timely.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Superior Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- IFRS, Sales and Use Tax, 1099 reporting knowledge and experience a plus.
- Self-directed; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Ability to discuss proposals and problem resolutions concisely to individuals throughout the organization.
- 3 to 5 years of experience, manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Exerts up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, i.e. carry fire extinguisher, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves mostly sitting. Occasionally walking, standing, sitting, squat may go up 1-3 steps. Employee not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Job specific: Balance, stoop/bend, squat, stand, lift, simple grasp, repetitive motion of wrist, hands, and fingers.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper body mechanics for sitting at desk.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.