Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 2 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile. Additionally, Nitriles also has a Plant that produces catalyst for internal use at the Lima Site, globally within Ineos, and for other Acrylonitrile producers. The INEOS Nitriles Plant at Lima is part of an industrial campus which includes a refinery and chemical complex. INEOS share services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (ammonia, urea, nitric acid), Fort Amanda Specialties (chelates), Ashland (1,4-butanediol), and Cenovus Refining (propylene, fuels, and refined oil products).
This position is part of a team of financial professionals who are responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Accounting and Financial records for the Lima manufacturing site within the INEOS Nitriles business. The Financial Analyst I main tasks and accountabilities include gathering, analysis, reporting and monitoring financial budgets, forecasts and actual results in an accurate and timely manner, and in accordance with the INEOS Accounting Policy Manual. This job requires a comprehensive understanding of plant operations and accounting procedures, with strong analytical and evaluation skills. Basic responsibilities require the ability to understand and complete complex assignments with minimum assistance. Flexibility is a strong requirement in order to support and implement new technologies and software as the business evolves.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform month end close activities accurately and timely, ensuring the integrity of the financial results of the businesses.
- Perform raw material inventory tracking for primary feedstock, including mass balancing at month end.
- Prepare and enter monthly payroll data and month end accrual, perform reconciliation.
- Posting and reconciliation of contractor hours for maintenance and capital.
- Performs daily cash application activities.
- Participate in weekly cash forecast process for multiple businesses.
- Assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing and/or processing expenses.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including analysis of account details as required. Conduct follow up on any unresolved and outstanding items on a timely basis.
- Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- Support and maintain Fixed Asset records and Capital Project monitoring, as required across multiple businesses.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Plant Budget as needed.
- Maintain and support INEOS internal control policies and processes, and the delegation of authority as it relates to financial transactions.
- Proficient in the use of SAP, using that expertise to provide support to other users
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Apply a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Support compliance efforts with both governmental and private auditors as required.
- Prepare any reports as necessary to satisfy internal or external reporting requirements
Skills & Knowledge Required
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, candidate must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to start date.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Chemical industry experience preferred but not required.
- Superior Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, are required.
- SAP FI/CO/MM/PS module knowledge. Knowledge of other modules is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- IFRS knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Self-directed, ability to work with minimum direction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to discuss proposals and problem resolutions in a clear and concise manner to individuals throughout the organization.
Expected Salary range
$76,000 - $85,000 based on experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application