INOVYN is a vinyls producer that ranks among the top three worldwide. With a turnover in excess of €3.5 billion, INOVYN has more than 4,300 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in ten countries across Europe. INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products in chlor-alkali; general purpose and specialty vinyls; organic chlorine derivatives; sulphur chemicals; salt; and electrochemical and vinyls technologies. Annual production volumes are in excess of 40 million tonnes.
Energy is a very significant input cost to this energy-intensive business. Electricity s a key raw material for the chlor-alkali process and represents the single largest variable cost of an ECU (electrochemical unit). Successful navigation through the energy transition and procurement of competitive energy is therefore essential to the performance of the business.
Purpose of the role: -
To contribute to the development and execution of INOVYN’s energy procurement strategies and maximise revenues by identifying and implementing new (energy-related) opportunities.
Key Accountabilities: -
- Contribute to the development of INOVYN’s energy procurement strategies
- Support local Energy Managers to execute strategy at their respective sites
- Provide energy market opinion and develop forecasts to inform and underpin INOVYN’s business strategy
- Understand and monitor energy markets including emerging “green” markets and provide advice to inform and support the development of INOVYN’s sustainability strategy
- Understand and assess emerging energy and environmental legislation and develop strategies and plans to minimise costs or maximise opportunities through advocacy or legal avoidance
- Negotiate key energy contracts
- Identify, assess and implement new sources of revenue associated with energy and electricity
Qualifications / Skills: -
- Engineering, Science or Business Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial or techno-commercial role
- Ability to pull together fundamental commodity data, macroeconomic forecasts and policy information to produce short, medium and long-term electricity price forecasts
- Ability to communicate complex information internally and externally at all levels in a clear and concise manner, recognising audiences are often non-expert
- Experience of major contract negotiation and contract law
- Energy related knowledge / experience e.g. Energy Markets, Energy and Environmental Regulation, Energy Procurement, Energy Technologies (preferred)
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application