Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is accountable for the negotiation and ongoing management of a portfolio of pan European Technical Goods & General Expense contracts, ensuring the balance between cost, supply performance and avoidance of business disruption.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Manage a buying portfolio taking direct responsibility for strategic supplier negotiations and external relationships, managing tenders and supplier selection to maximise long and short-term benefits to INOVYN.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for use across all 16 manufacturing sites in Europe, requiring extensive and varied knowledge of the diverse markets and range of suppliers in the assigned purchase portfolio.
- Ensure that during the supplier approval and selection process compliance to safety, health and the environment (SHE) and quality requirements are fully tested to ensure goods and services are provided to the required standard.
- Responsible for driving the delivery of synergy targets within the category and will act as a category market expert.
- Interface with site procurement managers, the legal function, engineering and maintenance managers to develop sourcing strategies and approaches to satisfy the extensive and varied requirements of a large number of INOVYN sites.
- Collaborate with the other INEOS businesses to leverage procurement performance.
Key skills & experience required:
- Degree in engineering or similar.
- Significant proven experience in a technical and procurement role in an international and multi-country business context.
- Commercial understanding of diverse markets relevant to the function.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills; contract expertise.
- Able to influence and build strong relationships with internal customers and suppliers across a multicultural environment.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and a good knowledge of French.
- Mobility and willingness to travel to different production sites of INOVYN (max 20%).
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies