INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The Olefins & Polymers USA division of INEOS is one of the largest producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and the Battleground Manufacturing Complex, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of over $4b.
This role will work as a key member of the Maintenance Team while working closely with other Equipment Monitoring Technicians and members of the Mechanical Maintenance and Reliability Teams. This position reports directly to the Central Shop Supervisor. The ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve rotating equipment problems is essential in this role.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Accountability 1: Troubleshooting of Rotating Equipment
Most important activities:
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve rotating equipment problems with air compressors, positive displacement blowers, reciprocating compressors, agitators, fans, centrifugal pumps and compressors, pump and motor installations, gearboxes, and extruders. Is ‘on-call’ for plant emergency support
- Communicates to all levels of local management and to other departments to explain problems and proposed solutions in the form of written notes of findings and recommendations as well as verbal discussions in meetings.
- Take handheld route-based vibration data on on-line equipment and analyze handheld and online vibration data. Make recommendations based on vibration analysis and other troubleshooting tools
- Follow best practices to obtain representative lube oil samples from selected equipment on a monthly frequency to hand over to the oil analysis technician for further analysis
Accountability 2: Reliability Activities
Most important activities:
- Perform visual inspection of rotating equipment to provide mechanical support to determine operability and MTBF assessments.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Mechanical Reliability team to discuss vibration findings and to ensure equipment problems are being addressed.
- Responsible for overall management of the vibration program to include utilization of CSI software, Bently Nevada software and hardware for data collection and analysis
- Use vibration analysis to detect, identify, and isolate specific component degradation and its causes prior to serious damage or actual failure.
- Establish vibration baselines by taking vibration measurements upon installation and / or when is known to be operating properly. Use subsequent vibration readings to compare to the baseline. The components causing deviant readings will be identified, and the rate of component deterioration and the magnitude of any problems determined.
- Use oil analysis to determine the condition of a given oil, sample by testing for viscosity; particle, fuel, and water contaminants; acidity/alkalinity (pH); breakdown of additives; and oxidation.
- Use oil analysis coupled with other technologies such as vibration and temperature measurements to identify equipment condition and aid in identifying the root cause of failures.
- Manage and maintain vibration database and assist Reliability Engineers in compilation of the monthly Reliability Maintenance Report.
- Liaison with software manufacturer’s and representatives
Accountability 3: Representative of Plant
Most important activities:
- Represents plant at vendor shops during repairs and tests of plant equipment. Witness tears down and re-assembly of rotating equipment, balance checks, and run tests. Provide Plant personnel a detailed report of all shop witnessed activities.
- Coordinate work on vibration systems with vibration contractors and also other specialty contractors performing items such as field balancing, piping/structural vibration analysis, etc.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as millwright or rotating equipment technician.
- Specific experience with air compressors, centrifugal pumps and compressors, pump and motor installations, gearboxes and extruders.
- Certifications Required: Vibration Analyst Level 2 Certification, Level I Machine Lubricant Analyst (MLA I / ISO 18436-4, I)
- Must have the ability to resolve complex issues that require analysis, evaluation and interpretation.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada Asset Condition Management (ACM) products, such as System 1™, 3500 Monitoring System, Transducers, etc, and Emerson CSI/AMS system.
- Knowledge of safety, maintenance, and operations management systems
- Written and verbal communication and good interpersonal skills
- Providing constructive feedback
- Proficient in use of or will learn to use SAP, Gensuite, and MOC databases as part of job responsibilities
- General mechanical aptitude is required.
- Computer literate, able to use standard Microsoft Office products - Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Able to read and interpret graphical data from multiple sources.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of local management and to other departments to explain problems and proposed solutions. This will take the form of written notes of findings and recommendations as well as verbal discussions in meetings.
- Physically able to climb stairs while carrying test equipment (< 25 lbs).
- Able to work outdoors in hot and humid conditions as well as under inclement and sometimes cold conditions.
- Must be self-directed and able to work normal responsibilities with minimal direction from supervision
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance. On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application