INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global chemical company. Our products touch every aspect of modern day life. We comprise of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers (O&P) USA operates from 12 sites in the USA, manufacturing and marketing four main product lines: Olefins, High Density Polyethylene resin, Manufactured Polyethylene Pipe, and Polypropylene resin.
With an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.1 billion pounds of petrochemicals and polyethylene pipe, INEOS O&P USA is a major participant in the North American chemical industry. A workforce of over 1700 makes up our employee team. Sites consist of our Marina View headquarters in League City, Texas; our fractionation facility located between the communities of Seminole, Texas, and Hobbs, New Mexico; our major manufacturing plants at La Porte and Alvin, Texas; our West Coast manufacturing facility in Carson, California, and eight pipe extrusion plants located across the US.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. The site is comprised of 7 polyethylene lines; 1 polypropylene line; a 20 MW Cogen facility; and a state-of-the-art polyolefin technical center that supports research and development, technical services and quality assurance. In 2017, a new world-scale bimodal polyethylene unit was brought online to manufacture high-density polyethylene.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Primary responsibility of the Environmental Engineer will be BMC compliance with water and wastewater regulations. The position is also responsible for meeting and delivering the environmental needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be part of the Operations Clean Sweep Team and assist facility with the goal of zero discharge of plastic pellets and flakes
- Responsible for implementing and managing SPCC program
- Responsible for regulatory compliance with Source Reduction Waste Minimization, TRI and TASCA
- Support air and waste management programs
- Perform Root Cause analysis on incidents
- Serve on the SHE on-call team
- Organize and maintain compliance records, perform audits and submit regulatory reports
- Possess skills to motivate and influence stakeholders at various levels of the organization to achieve environmental compliance and KPIs
- Support the line organization and plant functional teams by involving in routine and non-routine activities
- Develop and update site environmental policies and procedures
- Represent SHE in project development and execution
- Provide innovative and cost-effective solutions on compliance, emerging regulations and corporate initiatives
Skills & Competencies and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Able to analyze and interpret compliance data
- Advise stake holders on environmental decision making
- Preferred experience in petrochemical manufacturing and the ability to function effectively on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to obtain and maintain at least TCEQ Class D Water Operator License
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Experience in delivering technical presentations and project meetings
- Organized with a focused attention to details
- Self-motivated in improving SHE team and personal performance
Skills and Competencies:
- Initiative and innovation
- Problem solving & judgment
- Technical & Functional Skills, including an interest to learn regulatory background
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and databases
Candidates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them, or to any third party representing job seekers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.