Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
1. Role Particulars:
Role Title: Engineering Superintendent
Department: Reliability Department
Reports to: Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Location: Cooper River
2. Organogram: (Reporting Relationships - show the role, who it reports to, its peer roles and subordinate roles - titles.
3. Purpose of role: (Describe why the role exists in the organization; what it is there to achieve. Note: Similar to Job Dimensions).
The Engineering Superintendent provides leadership; coaching, resources, boundary conditions, and cost management oversight to help the Reliability group successfully accomplish plant and team reliability and availability targets and objectives. He/she serves as a critical member of the Plant Extended Leadership Team, in the Maintenance and Engineering Department.
4. Core Responsibilities/Accountabilities: (Provide short statements that are specific, action oriented descriptions of the job’s current accountabilities. These are also the primary accountabilities over which the job holder has a controlling impact on end results and where shared accountability of others is subordinate).
- Lead the Reliability Engineers and Equipment Specialist group by coaching and counselling team members, motivating and encouraging desired behaviours to accomplish targets and objectives
- Develop an annual and long-term Reliability Strategy for Cooper River to assess areas in need of improvement, and ensure activities are taking place to address them, and to address long term continuous improvement in plant equipment performance
- Support the development of turnaround turbomachinery, fixed equipment and electrical plans with Reliability Department SME’s.
- Provide maintenance cost and downtime analysis and initiate methodologies for improving maintenance and reliability performance
- Provide oversight directly or indirectly of plant predictive maintenance programs such as vibration monitoring, infrascan and lube oil analysis.
- Manage Cooper Rivers root cause analysis program by supporting and/or driving investigations of lost production opportunities and mitigating actions to closure.
- Assists the Capital Project and Inspection Superintendent in development of the 5 yr capital plan.
- Manages the long-term plant equipment replacement plan.
- Develops and executes the yearly Plant Expense budget including project cost forecasting.
- Champions safe work practices among work group and contractors
- Works with counterparts from other sites to assure sharing of ideas and strategies occur
- Interface with Manufacturing Teams to ensure appropriate allocation of engineering resources to meet operational needs.
5. Key challenges faced in the role. (Identify the critical challenges faced in delivering the role in the context of the accountabilities listed above. What are the complexities of issues that are associated with the role on an ongoing basis).
6. Any other Relevant Information (particular reference to the nature and impact of planning and the scope impact (team, BU, segment, etc).
7. Education, Experience and Expertise (Education, qualifications & experience (The knowledge, skills and abilities required for an individual to perform satisfactory. (Note: it is essential that both formal and informal means of acquiring these prerequisites be considered; Include any special certifications required)
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- 5+ years experience in disciplined engineering role in chemicals/oil and gas industry
- 5+ years experience managing a function and supervising people.
- Demonstrated success applying systematic principles to improve effectiveness.
- Makes sound decisions through analysis of complex and/or incomplete data.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of business context.
- Effectively builds strong working relationships to enable communication and cooperation across all levels of the organization.
- Technical awareness of impact of manufacturing operations on maintenance and reliability issues.
- Ability to initiate and drive change
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- PTA manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with industry standard tools such as SAP, PI, Meridium etc to efficiently make data driven decisions.
8. Economic Dimensions. (Identify measurable areas upon which this job has a direct and/or indirect impact. Measures fall into 3 areas: dollar dimensions, Personnel dimensions, other pertinent dimensions--to provide size/scare/magnitude of the Company’s activity on which the role holder impacts, e.g. sales volume, capital employed).
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment: • Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or • Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or • Validation of your religious or medical exemption INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination. All employees must first notify their current manager before applying for a position
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.