IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including Automotive, Electronics, Household, Construction, Healthcare, Packaging and Toys/Sports/Leisure. In 2018, sales were at 5.4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,500 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For our office/site in Nandesari we are looking for a
Engineering & Project Management - All India Sites (F/M)
Head Engineering and Project Management
Name of job holder:
Engineering & Projects management
Signature job holder & date:
Signature hierarchical head & date:
Signature functional head & date:
A. Purpose/ Role of the job: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organisation’s objectives
Lead the “Engineering & Project management“ group for all India Sites, to ensure appropriate capital investments are identified for each site, projects are developed for approval as per DoA, monitor the execution of all projects through controlling group for budget, timeline and quality to comply with project approval, international engineering standards, INEOS Styrolution Safety guidelines and local Statutory/Legal requirement.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
- Multiple plants and sites within India.
- High variation of CapEx budget and project sizes.
- Managing within the approved budgets
- INEOS Styrolution policies & guidelines with respect to CapEx authorization, DoA, SHE etc.
- Regulatory requirements
- Global engineering standards
- Co-ordination with engineering consultants
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job
- Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guideline, Compliance with local regulations.
- Attend regular safety training and ensure the same for project department employees, contractors and visitors on
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment etc.
- To develop safety culture and drive for incident free operation within Project department and all contractors.
- To ensure that all project employees are communicated about site annual SHE improvement plan.
- To meet SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time for all project employees.
- Participate in Behavior Based Safety program at site and ensure the same for all project staff.
- Participate in Site SHE committee, as required, to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance at respective site.
- To ensure all incidents including Near Miss at site are reported, investigated and action items are tracked to closure. This includes all incidents for contractors.
- Use KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Ensure SHE related action items from audits, plant walkthroughs etc. are tracked to closure.
- As Head of Engineering and Project management, responsible for the overall integrity of the site
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program.
- Track with respective engineers for maintaining the assets and integrity of the protective system as required.
- Ensure that procedures and practices including that of contractors are aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for,
- Cascading INEOS 20 principles within project and contractors
- Implementation of Life Saving Rules by all project staff.
- Safety of employees, Contractors and Visitors at site
- Following Permit to work as per the site procedure.
- Following Management of Change as per the site procedure
- Responsible to promote INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
Zero incident/accident in the area of operation
- Key Result Areas: Capex Planning and approval
- Support Operations to develop technical Concept, scope, cost estimates and timeline.
- Develop 5 year Capex plan for all India Sites as per INEOS Styrolution CapEx guidelines.
- Help prioritize the allocated budget within India sites.
- Lead project team in developing the projects for approval
- Prepare and present the PEC level projects.
Comply with INEOS Styrolution budget planning and approval process.
- Key Result Area - Project Implementation
- Identification of appropriate engineering consultants for respective projects
- Providing Technical recommendation to procurement
- Support procurement for finalization of contracts
- Monitor project execution
- Aligning Procurement with project schedule.
- Project completion and closure
- Ensuring all key SHE elements aligned during Engineering and Design and “implantation and construction safety” during execution of Projects
Monitor effective execution of Projects.
- Key Result area: Monitor Project Controlling with respect to cost, time line, quality and budget
- Ensure that all projects are executed within approved budget
- Ensure all projects are executed as per pre-defined scope.
- Change of scope must be approved as per DoA.
- Ensure that all projects are executed in line with the approved schedule.
- Deviations if any must be reported to appropriate managers/ Steering committee
- Ensure that all projects are executed in line with agreed Engineering standards & Quality
- Ensure ‘approved and allocated Project budget’ is appropriately spent at all India sites
Ensure that Projects are controlled in line with approved budget, Timeline and quality and allocated budget is spent at all India sites.
- Key Result Area – Provide Support to Global team for key Strategic projects
- Developing FEL1 Engineering with Project managers and consultants, as required
- Coordinating with Business Project managers for necessary documents and presentations
- Appropriate FEL 1 engineering documents for strategic Projects
- Key Result Areas: Developing the project team
- Planning the project resources
- Writing the Job descriptions for each role
- Identify correct people for the project organization
- Assign suitable resources for respective projects
- Delegating suitably
- Identify and organize right training for the project engineers
- Succession planning
Build the project team for the future/ major investments
- Key Result Areas: Lead the special Projects
- Lead the special project cell
- Identify and shape the special projects with respect to SHE, Quality, Expansion, Debottlenecking, key global initiatives etc. for India.
- Assign defined Special Projects to dedicated project managers of special Project cell
- Assign and support the resources pertaining to EPCm consultants
- Planning the project resources, if required within Project group
Build the project team for the future/ major investments
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects...)
Number or amount in € / US $
Managing overall capex requirement
Overall Capex Budget
$3.0 ~15 Mio. USD per Annum with some key projects in the $10 - $100M USD range to be managed within India.
No of Projects to be handled
40-50 small projects & 3 to 5 key projects
Timeline Management of Projects
3 months to 24 months.
Man Power management
10-20 consulting and contracting companies
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
5 + up to 5 more contractors
7 + up to 15 more contractors
12 (up to 30 w/contract Eng.
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
Director India Operations
R, A, C, I
Reporting on functional activity
Director ABS manufacturing
Head PS manufacturing
R, C, I
Coordination with OPS team for development / implementation
Twice a week
R, A, C, I
Procurement strategy, Contracting, Technical part of procurement
Information on budget, projection of spending
Head: QA, RDC/R&D, IT, IR, HR,
R, C, I
Coordination with functional head for development / implementation
Global V.P.-Engg. & Proj. Management
Reporting on key points, Clarification on guidelines, Pulse Calls, etc.
Regional Mngmt (OPS, CapEx, SHE, etc.)
PEC/PEP development approvals
R, A, C, I
For project coordination and consultation
R, A, C, I
R, A, C, I
R, A, I
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
Engineering graduate (Preferably Chemical, Mechanical), with relevant work experience in Projects / Engineering Management
Experience in general:
- 20+ years overall Experience in relevant field
- 10-15 years in Leadership Role
- Project and engineering management
- Knowledge on project controlling
- Engineering knowledge on all relevant streams
- Should know compliance related legal requirements
- Relevant SHE knowledge
- Computer proficiency in MS project, PERT/CPM
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Interpersonal Relation
- Bid Analysis/Negotiations
- Crisis management
- Reliability & Responsibility
- Decision making
Legal Training requirements:
- No Legal trainings required for this position.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Walking up to 8 hours
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guideline, Compliance with local regulations
- Capex Planning and approval
- Project Implementation
- Monitor Project Controlling with respect to cost, time line, quality and budget
- Provide Support to Global team for key Strategic projects
- Developing the project team & succession planning
- Lead the special Projects
If you have any question, please contact Ruchi Sharma phone +91 7227974695
Email ID : email@example.com
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application