E&I technician – Decommissioning and demolition
FPS South and North
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
This role forms part of the Decommissioning and Demolition Project Team that has been created to remove redundant onshore plant that has been replaced by facilities that are more modern, or have become obsolete because of the changing throughout and composition of oil and gas in FPS.
The role of E&I Technician is to lead all of the Electrical and Instrumentation activity involved with changing FPS facilities from live to a decommissioned state and ultimately make them fit for demolition. This includes the preparation and execution of all Electrical and Instrumentation isolations and abandonment in addition to working with the asset teams to ensure any alarm, shutdown and control functionality within the DCS system is modified or removed where appropriate.
This role is part of a small multi-discipline team where close working and support of other discipline technicians will be required in addition to the ability to direct contractor activity on site to support the decommissioning operations.
- Performing Authority & Isolating Authority in Control of Work processes for activity on Decommissioning and Demolition sites
- Designs and installs isolations for the safe Decommissioning of process plant and equipment.
- Supports the setting of daily priorities for a small team of INEOS technicians, contractors or vendors who are working on decommissioning and demolition sites
- Drives the forklift, telehandler and MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) when required on Decommissioning and Demolition sites
- Participates in safe working at site including, but not limited to: CoW, AsCare, Housekeeping, Safety Observation Reporting, Self-Verification and Auditing.
- Writes Decommissioning and Demolition Enabling E&I Procedures, including electrical switching procedures.
- Raises the required MAXIMO update forms and follows through to conclusion to ensure a high quality close-out of Decommissioning and Demolition activity
- Participates in INEOS and contractor risk assessments (HAZID, HAZOP, HAZDEM etc) during the preparation phase of Decommissioning and Demolition activity.
- Follows the FPS Demolition procedure including the safe handover of plant from INEOS to the selected Demolition contractor.
The working location for this role will be split between the FPS offices to prepare for upcoming decommissioning project activity, and FPS sites during the execution of decommissioning projects.
As this role covers the entirety of onshore FPS, some time working away from home will be required during decommissioning project activity at FPS sites in the North East of Scotland.
This role is a 37.5hrs/week, Monday to Friday dayshift position.
Qualifications and technical experience
- ONC/HNC in Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations or Maintenance (ideally relating to oil/Gas industries or petrochemical manufacturing).
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and prepared to work flexibly and use initiative in a changing environment
- Awareness of formalised decommission/demolition/project processes, oil & gas plant design and CDM Regulations would be advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and press apply