INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of $6.5 billion. The IT organization provides support to 1900 employees and 600 contractors.
How the Role Fits In:
Unavailability of IT assets can have direct, negative impact on business performance. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive.Problem solving done by the individual is limited to choosing from among multiple procedures fitting known patterns of problems.
The individual works within established boundaries (procedures, standards, etc.) with detailed scopes under close supervision.
The work to be accomplished typically follows well established procedures and/or prior examples are available for guidance.
The individual focuses on completion of specific tasks.
Purpose of Job
Provide direct support in the maintenance of the company's IT assets, and technical assistance to users.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Work closely with the Client Services Manager and other members of the IT team.
• Work directly with PC users at the site to resolve their IT issues and questions.
• The individual is aware of company standards and procedures, and works to improve understanding of them.
• Able to accept and pursue clearly defined objectives.
• The employee is given priorities and may deviate from established procedures if directed to. Occasional direct monitoring of the job is typical.
• Install PC software.
• Support and troubleshoot site IT issues – including PC, software, network, telecom, AV equipment.
• Provide support for PCs, printers, PDAs, and other peripherals.
• Provide first-level support for other IT infrastructure such as networks, phones, and servers.
• Provide support during planned and unplanned IT outages.
• Support the data center environment, and conduct periodic safety and security inspections.
• Support and/or implement projects at the site.
• Identifying opportunities for service improvements and cost reductions.
• Working and interacting effectively as a team member
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in computer-related field, or equivalent experience
• Understands technical aspects of role and performs work with regular supervision
Able to maintain and repair Windows-based PC's and support most Windows-based software• Able to diagnose and solve limited technical or process issues.
• Able to work well with others, giving and receiving information willingly;
• Awareness of workplace diversity; Ability to work with colleagues.• Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Follows pre-defined steps in solving routine, well-defined problems in specific area of discipline.
• Able to solve predictable problems where solutions are known to exist.
New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application