The Deputy Production & Technical Manager is a member of JV management team and an INEOS secondee as a senior manufacturing representative in Nanjing, China to head the Production & Technical Dept. The role is to lead and manage the SHE, production and technical aspects of all manufacturing related activities at the IYC joint venture site (SHE, Production) as well as managing implementation of future expansion projects for the JV on INEOS behalf. The incumbent is the Engineering Authority for the JV.
As a senior INEOS manufacturing personel at the joint venture, the incumbent is accountable to protect INEOSs’ interests in the joint venture asset mangement as follows, from INEOS perspective.
The incumbent has the primary responsibility for SHE Leadership for INEOS in Nanjing. The SHE manager reports to the incumbent. Accountable for planning and implementation of safe work system. Act as SHE role model within the Nanjing complex.
Responsibility for operations and analytical services, which includes production, reliability, trouble shooting and operating team morale/competencies, etc. lies with the incumbent.
ENGINEERING, PROCESS ENGINEERING and MAINTENANCE
Responsibility for Engineering & Maintenance which includes maintenance, Projects, TAR planning and execution, Process Engineering, Engineering Authorities, team morale / competencies.
MAJOR PROJECTS & OPERATIONS READINESS
Drive the Operations Readiness ( eg. Manpower, budgets, milestones ) for a new asset installation after the project reached into a defined/detail engineering stage. Establish teams and work closely with both internal and external project and other resource/cross-functional teams from inception to operations through stage gate process.
Spearheads the plan and execution of asset readiness for pre-commissioning, commissioning through to beneficial operations for a new major plant installation.
The Deputy Production and Technical Manager will also act as the Technical Manager responsible for leading and guiding the Technical Team to focus on continuous improvement on safety, reliability, productivity, efficiency and risk management in operation.
Accountabilities of the job: describe the main results expected from the job
- Set, lead and assess the operation strategies and processes on safety, reliability, efficiency, risk management in IYC through systematic approaches using best practices from shareholders and industry.
- Create a world class operation team in SHE, reliability and risk management performance in IYC.
- Develop and maintain site Risk Matrix for asset operations and projects.
- Apply best practices from benchmark and lessons learnt from others.
- Responsible for day to day/routine plant operations to ensure all manufacturing aspects of the IYC facility are executed in a manner that complies with IYC’s expectations on SHE, quality and performance as defined in business plan and operating budget.
- Monitor asset performance, identifying innovative short, medium and long term improvement opportunities, and work with Technology Team for inclusion in the Technology Team’s Roadmap.
- Track and report Capex deliveries Roadmap delivery to stakeholders including Technology Team, Asia Manufacturing Excellence Team and Operations Director.
- Lead the implementation of JV technical KPIs based on the Roadmap as part of the annual planning process and work with the Technology Team as well as Asia Manufacturing Excellence Team to obtain support for Capex, MPR-7 and reliability assurance.
- Deliver technical troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis and incident investigation for the Joint Venture. Pro-actively seek support from the Technology Team and co-ordinate access to operating experience from Asia Manufacturing Excellence Team and other assets.
- Act as the accountable person for liaison with INEOS Technology Team, Asia Manufacturing Excellence Team and other manufacturing entities to share best practices and benchmarking. Be the champion to bring INEOSs’ best practices, as appropriate and influence acceptance by partner, to IYC, and vice versa to bring learning from the partner.
- Develop strong relationships with Technology Team and other assets, and the over the fence CO supplier (YPC), through regular communications, to positively influence operational performance
- At least annually, organize/participate in a Technical Exchange Meeting with Technology Team to review asset performance and share technology development ideas and best practice from across the Cativa fleet (within the boundary of Competition Law)
- Provide guidelines and coaching to IYC SHE team to establish clear expectation, policies and regulations on operation. Follow-up and monitor their implementation and efficiency across IYC.
- Role model INEOS behavioural safety principles, process safety principles and lifesaving rules and influence IYC to adopt these standards
- Rolling out and implement agreed INEOS tools and practices at the JV.
- Develop Sustainability Roadmap for IYC and report sustainability data into INEOS.
- Accountable for assuring all aspects of people management are delivered effectively, including the management of staff turnover, refresher training, personal development and competency assurance Acts as the Site Engineering Authority. Be the focal point for all engineering and projects assurance, mechanical integrity and management of change and custodian of the Site Technical Practices.
- Interface with the INEOS Technology Team to provide input to the asset on the Cativa latest development and facilitate transfer the latest technology input to the joint venture operation.
- Develop and sustain a competency plans and programmes.
- Develop maintenance and capital expenditure programmes for routine maintenance ,Turn Around (TAR) and Projects, to ensure technical and maintenance integrity of the IYC facility (>$240 million worth of asset )
- Maintain a long-term view of asset activities such as TAR, outages and projects and plan and co-ordinate support for these activities from the other INEOS functional teams such as Asia Manufacturing Excellence Team, Technology Team, and other assets whilst respecting competition law.
- Evaluation of project development and economics, categorise and prioritise them into plan with identified KPIs to deliver (Safety, Budget/Cost, Schedule, Changes)
- Lead TAR and Projects management for IYC and take the responsibility for delivery
- Drive the Operations Readiness ( eg. Manpower, budgets, milestones ) for a new asset installation after the project reached into a defined/detail engineering stage. Establish teams and work closely with both internal and external project and other resource/cross-functional teams from inception to operations through stage gate process.
- Keeping track and report the deliveries against Capex Plan.
- Lead periodic the JV Capex reviews – quarterly and annually
Level of education & Experience in general
- Bachelor degree in engineering in a relevant discipline.
- >15 year of proven track record in chemical manufacturing and technical areas. Ability to demonstrate track record in safety management.
- Seasoned practitioner of leadership positions in a manufacturing site.
- Broad manufacturing experience and proven track record of delivery
- Knowledge of Acetic Acid manufacturing is preferred, but not a must.
- Experience of Petrochemicals technologies is an advantage
- Track record of strong SHE leadership and performance. Able to identify safety risk and take immediate and proper action.
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to optimize the plant operations with cost effectiveness and continue to uplift operations standards.
- Asset performance benchmarking experience.
- Troubleshooting skills with ability to identify root cause or improvement opportunities.
- Appreciation of mechanical, materials and ICE engineering disciplines and experience of working in multidiscipline teams
- Understanding of capital project processes with experience of major capital projects an advantage
- A role model for personal and process safety leadership
- Excellent inter-personal skills that can be applied in a culturally challenging environment and be able to quickly gain respect and trust from Joint Venture partner. Experience of working in China joint ventures would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record to set up and deliver results through systematic operation processes.
- Strong influencing skills to seek consensus to always adopt the best means of managing the plant operations and high SHE standards across the Joint Venture.
- Self directing and motivated individual with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels and encourage feedback and ideas, both the Joint Venture internal, INEOS relevant functions and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds