INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The INEOS O&P USA business manufactures and markets Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson PP Unit, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City,
How the Role Fits In:
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. The Safety, Health, Environmental, & Quality (SHEQ) staff report into this office but travel between the La Porte and Alvin locations in the course of their daily work.
The SHEQ Analyst is responsible for administrative and technical tasks related to support of SHEQ programs and initiatives. This position delivers key inputs to drive SHEQ related decision-making and risk management planning for INEOS.
Key elements of the SHEQ Analyst role include:
- Data aggregation and mining from various automated and manual systems that include databases, spreadsheets, reports, and paper files.
- Analysis to understand and communicate company performance in terms of both leading and lagging SHEQ indicators to identify trends, opportunities for improvement in support of strategic business goals.
- Organization of data into scorecards and other reports as needed by the company leadership in safety, health, environmental, process safety, security, and quality areas.
- Work with and assist INEOS O&P sites assessing SHEQ programs, identifying computing application enhancements and supporting implementation of improvements.
- Requirement to have presence at manufacturing sites to enhance acumen and support SHEQ programs.
- Capable of traveling to O&P sites as determined necessary by SHEQ Manager, site needs and SHEQ Analyst.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Ongoing SHEQ reporting
Most important activities:
- Single-Point–of-Accountability for data accuracy on reporting activities, audits, and action item tracking in reports to the Board
- Coordinating data gathering from INEOS O&P site reporting locations and implementation of Six Sigma Lean tools to streamline reporting processes.
- Timely and accurate update of presentations and communication tools for internal customers of SHEQ data
- Site presence, and networking with key site staff to obtain and understand SHEQ business needs and requirements; must be willing to spend time at site locations
- Facilitate reporting to industry groups for aggregation
- Proficient with SAP – including but not limited to, obtaining necessary approvals for expenditures, entering purchase requisitions, tracking and sending PO’s to vendors, communicating with finance/accounts payable for payment of invoices, and creating service entries and/or goods receipts.
- Proficient with SharePoint and capable of supporting development and maintenance of the SHEQ site
- Maintain SHEQ annual budget as provided by SHEQ Manager. Track invoices to ensure proper payment to vendors.
- Enter the commercial grade name into Gensuite when a new product is commercialized.
- Upload and post SHE Alerts on the Sharepoint and EXCO online platforms.
- Enter SHEQ monthly data into the EXCO online platform.
- Send out monthly email notifications to list of stakeholders that enter data in the EXCO Workbook.
- Maintain daily email access list for Gensuite employee and contractor users.
- Primary point of contact for Gensuite at MV.
- Support the administration and logistics of internal safety and process safety audits as required.
- Manage the data acquisition process and quality of EXCO metric reporting
- Provide site support for key PSM/SHE initiatives
Support SHEQ processes
Most important activities:
- Owner and technical lead for SHEQ incident management, audit and action item management database. Must develop and maintain proficiency with SHEQ database tools and reporting capabilities, particularly Tableau.
- Capable of providing training to the O&P organization on the SHEQ incident management, audit and action item management database tool
- Maintain integrity and document control of SHEQ website information.
- Work with product stewardship leader to develop work processes, procedures and documentation to support sustainability and organizational awareness.
- Manage small projects with cross functional team members; coordinate and maintain audit schedule and support execution plans at sites.
- Maintain audit information to conduct, respond to and follow up on scheduled audits
- Enter data in SHEQ software application systems to support team deliverables, audits and continuous improvements.
- Support risk management drills and table top exercises
- Maintain, monitor and gate-keep Management of Change Process at Marina View.
Analysis and trending
Most important activities:
- Conduct analysis of available public information, e.g. from AFPM, EPA, TCC, AIHA, CSB, OSHA, TCEQ and summarize for use by SHEQ group and other INEOS departments.
- Analyze available INEOS O&P data to identify opportunities, milestones and trends for follow up and problem solving
- Support development, update and enhancements of SHEQ procedures and corporate guidance documents in conjunction with subject matter experts
- Facilitate the use of efficiency tools (Lean, Six Sigma, other) for the improvement of SHEQ administrative processes
O&P Field Work and Site Presence
Most important activities:
- Travel to sites and work with key staff to validate and understand trends reported from O&P sites
- Willing to help support SHEQ site tasks as needed
- Capable of supporting site-specific SHEQ problem solving and participation on audit teams
- Must be able to don necessary PPE to support field tasks.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Math, Science, Economics, Engineering degree preferred but will consider commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in chemical, refining or industrial manufacturing and/or capital projects or similar data-centric professional environment a plus
- Prior responsibility for facilitating the use of trend analysis for communicating strategy and progress against goals.
- Strong knowledge/use of MS Office software products and propensity to learn/use in-house SHEQ software applications.
- Knowledge of Tableau preferred but will consider willingness to attend training within 6 months of start date.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, drive, sense of urgency and problem-solving abilities
- Possess the skills of a change agent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes time-compressed situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward required.
- Attention to detail and driven to maintain sound document control process.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Proven track record on performance bias and delivery.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to plan/organize tasks and consistently produce results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of the organization in a persuasive and credible manner
- Ability to extract data sets, apply appropriate analytical tools and provide analysis of trends.
- Leadership capability - demonstrates influence and collaboration skills between multiple individuals and departments.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application