Title: DCS Engineer
Hours: 37.5 per week
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies. Here at Ineos O&P our ethos is for all our employees to have true autonomy and be empowered in their role from day one. We believe this enables individuals to achieve their goals and ultimately have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
A highly motivated DCS Engineer is required to join our team to provide technical systems’ expertise and support Asset, TAR and Projects businesses in delivering legal compliance and achieving INEOS OPUK business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a total asset care service (design, maintenance, upgrades, modifications), securing systems against cyber threats and assisting with the recovery of programmable systems during major incidents/emergencies to maximize plant availability.
Depending on skill set and experience, the successful candidate may be part of the DCS on-call rota.
The role is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record check.
You should have:
- Proven IT skills with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems knowledge including a thorough understanding of computer systems and networking.
- Strong analytical ability to support effective troubleshooting and determine solutions to complex technical problems which the jobholder may have not seen before.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to understand advanced technical instructional material and data and implement technological advances to existing systems.
- Ability to act as lead DCS engineer on medium projects (>500K) and develop project estimates based on design and engineering standards.
- Thorough understanding of instrumentation system interactions with the associated control system and the ability to mentor and lead other disciplines in these areas.
You may also have:
- Skills in coaching and mentoring others.
- Ability to analyse and understand cross-discipline (Process, I/E) problems/requests.
- In depth DCS systems design capability.
- Ability to interface with 3rd party design contractors and vendors.
What we offer
- Wide Range of Benefits including Discounted Private Medical Insurance, travel Insurance, high street discounts etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Business Performance Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including Employer Contributions
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tusker Car Scheme (subject to 12 mth qualification period)
- Ongoing Career Development
how to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.