Main role purpose:
The post holder leads and coordinates the operational response to cyber security alerts & incidents, ensures ongoing compliance with security standards, and promotes cyber security awareness & training.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Actively monitor, triage & coordinate the response to security alerts and incidents identified by security applications with IT infrastructure teams and other stakeholders to ensure correct local actions and escalations are completed.
- Plan and conduct audits to ensure compliance with all security mandates, e.g. operating system, user accounts and software standards.
- Produce monthly KPI reports in order to track compliance with and improve cyber protection implementation. Analyse trends and performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and maintain procedures, guidance and training on cyber security (e.g. cyber security bulletin, cascade of emerging phish and fraud attacks) to provide a comprehensive library of material for use across the business.
- Proactively engage with users and departments to promote cyber security best practice and standards through training and other initiatives.
Key skills & experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in computing, with specialism in Cyber Security.
- At least 3 years’ experience in technical IT infrastructure support & 1 year Cyber Security focus.
- Good 'hands-on’ experience of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, security protection tools such as anti-malware including configuration, support and administration.
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting including DNS, Active Directory, routing, IP port allocation and network technologies (LAN/WAN).
- Experience in incident/alert management and response.
- Experience in the monitoring, optimisation and ongoing management of designated services.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with strong demands on IT infrastructure.
- Able to work flexibly when required with occasional weekend and out-of-hours activities.
- Good collaboration and team-working skills with experience of globally distributed teams.
- Comfortable with different cultural backgrounds and behaviour.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application