INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has ~ 1,200 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of over $3 billion.
How the Role Fits in:
The Customer Service Analyst works for the Customer Service and Infrastructure Manager under Supply Chain Operations. CSA will manage the chain of sales to our domestic and export customers from order process through delivery of product to the customer (to include post-delivery support) through in spec, in full, on time product.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
This position requires the ability to schedule and set priorities with supply chain operations and related teams and organizations which balances customer response and operations performance with the benefits to Supply Chain and the Business. It requires the ability to coordinate with a diverse team of financial and operations professionals and staff (internal and external) to optimize against Supply Chain and Business goals and improvements in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities to meet the Supply Chain performance contract.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Manage incoming orders against customer forecast and Business time fence.
- Facilitate and participate in the order to cash process within Supply Chain and with Finance.
- Assist in dispute resolution with customers and sales managers.
- Customer relationship management.
- Direct customers in need of technical support.
- Manage product and customer set up in SAP.
- Manage goods issuing.
- Appropriate use of service level agreements.
- Providing the customer with a positive order fulfillment experience.
- Position as an advocate of the customer.
- Provide customer feedback to the broader organization.
- Participate in process for cost effective logistics to the customer.
- Maintain and grow customer patronage and sales.
- Manage various systems applications such as SAP, MS Office and Arkieva to insure accurate customer interface and effective supply chain management.
- Participate in relevant segments of inventory management, including, mitigating inventory shortages, effective management of customer delivery dates, and maintaining current customer requirements.
- Manage relevant portions of order to cash process including, accurate and timely order entry across multiple channels, promoting utilization of Elemica, and ensuring on time delivery of products through active collaboration with logistics operations.
- Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage logistics operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by demonstrating SHEQ and Operations Leadership.
- Ensure compliance of Management of Change (MOC) and Tr@ction action items in relevant areas of responsibility.
- Supports the quality management process and provides and participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Actively share lessons in customer service performance and best operating practices across the Supply Chain organization to include other functional areas and site logistics and packaging.
- Support the Supply Chain operations and Business teams by identifying improvement opportunities in customer service.
- Serve on function/business committees as needed representing area of responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and company focus for customers and external service providers.
- Supports the Customer Service and Infrastructure Manager in the management of SGA costs.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- A minimum of 5 years customer service, supply chain management, or logistics experience. May be the entry-level job after graduating with an Associates or BA/BS in Supply Chain Management-related degree.
- SAP (sales and distribution) experience required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses a track record of accomplishment by driving performance and accountability.
- Strong customer service knowledge and ability to learn and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage, progress and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHEQ compliance.
- Ability to positively influence others/promote philosophy.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
- Creates strong morale and spirit, feeling of belonging in team, broadly shares both routine and important tasks.
- Frequently (70-100%) sitting.
- Occasionally (30-60%) lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Infrequently (10% or less) ascending and descending stairs, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, and reaching at/below shoulder height.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer screen and extensive reading.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position requires the employee to always be alert, able to concentrate on their task at hand, and not impaired by medications (prescription, non-prescription, illegal or legal substances including alcohol), or any other mental condition which adversely affects alertness, concentration, or judgment.
External candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.