INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of Olefins and Polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has ~ 1,200 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of over $3 billion.
How the Role Fits in:
The Supply Chain Customer Master and Invoicing Coordinator works for the Customer Service and Infrastructure Manager under Supply Chain Operations. This role will manage key areas of the SAP Order to Cash process in the chain of sales to our domestic and export customers from the origination process through customer invoicing. In addition, the Supply Chain Customer Master provides vital support and manages the CRM for customer complaints and resolutions (including Gensuite) as well as helping develop and implement OTC training processes.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The role is responsible for managing key components of the SAP Order to Cash process and to facilitate the ERP to ERP automated order entry program (Elemica). It requires the ability to coordinate with a diverse team of financial and operations professionals and staff (internal and external) to optimize against Supply Chain and Business goals and improvements in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities to meet the Supply Chain performance contract.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Consists of the management of the SAP Customer Master file [contains ALL customer data and is the database for all customer transactions in SAP] for intercompany setups and all existing and new O&P customers to include:
- Management of the customer master origination process [data capture] with Sales, Product Management and Customer Service, and coordination with Finance on payment terms and general transactional credit matters.
- Compliance assurance with articulated regulatory requirements
- Communication and management of the customer master change process with relevant stakeholders
- Management and audit of new customer set up with IT/IBM
- Modifications of existing customer data to include changes in sold tos, ship tos, bill tos, payment terms, and payers
- Modifications/Updating of customer accounts for capturing Customer Service Analyst, Technical Service Representative, and Account Manager changes
- Assist Commercial Department with tax exemption audits
- Consists of SAP production and general vetting of all sales and related invoices for O&P to include appropriate transmission via various media to all customer bill to locations
- Tracking and analysis of invoice accuracy performance against performance contract metrics (Perfect Order)
- Intervention and reconciliation of invoicing errors and adjustments
- Coordination with Sales, Price Management, Business Management, Customer Service and other functional Business Teams to insure appropriate invoice detail and terms compliance regarding customer interface on invoice operations.
- Tracking and billing of customer rail car detention
- Process exception based credit memos and reversals for Business Manager approved transactions
- Assist Finance with invoicing audits
- Assist Finance in the month end closing process. Must work all month end closings.
Elemica – “Quick Link Email” Customer Management
- Management for the Order to Cash process for order receipt, order changes, and order confirmation
- Responsible for Onboarding process of new customers and customer changes to include:
- New customer setup
- Unit Testing – validate file-level mapping
- Integration Testing – validate ERP to ERP connectivity and message routing and processing
- User acceptance testing – validate process automation through the execution of testing scenarios
- Manage the workflow error logs, alerts and dashboards ensuring error free translation
- Monthly data mining for incomplete orders, orders without delivery notes, orders needing PGI, bill blocked credits, debits and samples, tapping consignment cars over 30 days and/or consignment cars released as empty, quarterly sales report by CSA account, CRM Customer Complaint tracking, Railcar Detention Program– issue debits to customers, send monthly reports to stakeholders, report/post monthly metrics to Supply Chain SharePoint
- Perfect Invoice Metrics and exception details
- Bi-monthly reporting of new sold tos and payers with summary and non-summary billing.
Customer Complaint “CRM” and Gensuite Management
- Serve on the CRM customer complaint steering committee as voice of Supply Chain
- Responsible for management of the CRM customer complaint system process flow to include:
- Assignment of customer complaints to the correct Supply Chain Investigators
- Management of Supply Chain investigations to track open and closed investigations and timing to close.
- Monthly reporting of metrics to Supply Chain management.
- Management of Gensuite system on as needed basis.
- Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage logistics operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by demonstrating SHEQ and Operations Leadership.
- Ensure compliance of Management of Change (MOC) and CRM Customer Complaint action items in relevant areas of responsibility.
- Facilitate/prioritize the activities of invoicing/customer master and CRM/quality to meet the performance goals for Supply Chain Operations and the Business.
- Supports the quality management process and provides/participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Support the Supply Chain operations and Business teams by identifying improvement opportunities in customer service.
- Serve on function/business committees as needed representing area of responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and company focus for customers and external service providers.
Supports the Customer Service and Infrastructure Manager in the management of SGA costs.
Skills & Knowledge Required
BS/BA in Logistics/Supply Chain Management. (will consider other business or related degrees) with 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain operations OR in lieu of BS/BA, 10 years of experience with SAP super user status.
Must have SAP (order to cash) experience at expert level (Super User a plus). CRM knowledge and reporting ability a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent quantitative and SAP skills.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, formatting, and complex formulas to generate decision support.
- Possesses a track record of accomplishment by driving performance and accountability.
- Strong operations knowledge and ability to learn and stay abreast of change.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHEQ compliance and advancement.
- Ability to positively influence others and to adopt advances in technology and tools.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Able to drive change by challenging the status quo and championing improvement initiatives. Has an improvement and inquisitive mindset.
- Must have a strong work ethic. Willing to go the extra mile as needed, including after-hours effort to meet key deadlines.
- Creates strong morale and spirit, feeling of belonging in team, broadly shares both routine and important tasks.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.