Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
and job purpose
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of olefins and Polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has ~ 1,200 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of over $3 billion.
How the Role Fits in:
The Customer Inventory Coordinator will take direction from the Inventory Operations Planner to ship railcars to meet defined execution plans. The position will be influenced by changes in customer demand, INEOS production and rail carrier performance.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Purpose of the position is to ship railcars to meet customer demand and Car Flow Management team process required actions to maintain rail operations at production sites. Includes all production sites; Carson, CBW, BMC and Horizon plants and Houston, Carson, and Forward area storage facilities.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Meet SHE objectives and comply with all governmental laws and policies.
· Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage areas of responsibility in Supply Chain operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by demonstrating SHEQ and Operations Leadership. Support and follow INEOS 20 principles
- Ensure compliance with Management of Change (MOC) and CRM action items in relevant areas of responsibility.
- Supports the quality management process and provides and participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
· Support emergency response.
Meet operating execution plan for the business
- Utilize and monitor dashboards to execute rail shipment execution plan
- Support product allocation activities for creation of execution plans
- Create and verify rail switch list for site switch crew
- Manage Canadian Customs Invoices
- Execute rail shipments against shipment days and constraints
- Assist the Shipping and Inventory Team where needed
Teamwork with appropriate INEOS and provider personnel:
- All Shipping and Inventory team members
- Site Logistics
- Customer Service Analyst
- Site Rail switch crew (contractor)
- Manufacturing Assistant Unit Managers
- Logistics Operations personnel
- Product Managers
- Production Scheduling Coordinators
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BS/BA in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or equivalent in logistics/business/related preferred.
- 2+ years SAP (sales and distribution) experience required. Will consider other ERP experience
- Experience in rail shipping or coordination.
- Experience working with Transportation Management Systems.
- DOT HAZMAT transportation training preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses a track record of accomplishment by driving performance and accountability.
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage, progress, and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
- Must have a strong work ethic. Willing to go the extra mile as needed, including after-hours effort to meet key deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well in a changing business environment and respond quickly to deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Willingness to learn from other members of the team
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Works effectively as a team member in a high stress environment
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all levels of personnel
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.