INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal. To manufacture, launch and deliver an uncompromising, best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options. It's been an exciting journey since our inception in 2017 and despite the global challenge of 2020, we are on track to deliver our plan. 2023 is our execution phase.
We have assembled a team of world-class experts who roll up their sleeves and get stuck in and we are looking for more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts and we are looking for spirited innovators who thrive in a challenge. If you are looking to join a scale-up business and take on a fulfilling and career-defining role, then let’s talk.
- The Cost Engineer will evaluate different technologies, processes and supplier quotes to support engineering as well as procurement selecting the most appropriate design. The quote analysis will also be used by procurement for negotiating the best cost for the production material.
- After successfully launching the 4x4, the Cost Engineer will be continuously exploring cost down ideas. Process analysis and optimisations at the supplier´s plants are other key activities of the cost engineer.
- Support the engineering and design process by comparing different processes, production materials and production locations on the basis of calculations.
- Provide design recommendations on the basis of cost evaluations.
- Conduct on-site process analysis and process optimisation at the supplier plants to improve our cost position.
- Implement and monitoring of cost down measures at the suppliers to support multi-year savings contracts.
- Analysis of supplier quotes to identify negotiation possibilities.
- Lead Make or Buy studies together with controlling to improve cost position or supply delivery performance and support market value proposition.
- Support material cost controlling with bottom-up cost analysis of products, processes or hole plants.
- Supplier development with regards to the suppliers cost position and by that its robust financial performance.
- Experience gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM, ideally within Plastics and/or Metals.
- Able to demonstrate direct knowledge of value analysis and value engineering.
- Experience in leading cross-functional change management and cost down projects.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- There will be significant travel involved in the role.