Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The Cost Analyst is responsible for monitoring maintenance cost progress and performance. Working with the maintenance, project and TAR teams, the Cost Controller will support the processes and business practices to assure that the department objectives are achieved. The incumbent is responsible for creating the cost control processes used for maintenance, projects and turnarounds. The incumbent performs the analysis and provides reports/information to maintenance management, project managers and TAR Engineer. The incumbent does not have any direct budgetary responsibility.
- Coordinate the preparation, consolidation and analysis of cost reports and cost forecasts.
- Set the INEOS requirements for contractor reporting and invoicing. Review and approve contractor reports before execution begins.
- Develop and maintain a cost control process, including cost control structures, and KPI’s that will assure accurate information and timely analysis.
- Assure timely and accurate data to effectively monitor cost and risks. Provide analysis of trends and recommendations for mitigation of issues.
- Assure accurate and timely tracking and reporting of spending for routine maintenance, capital projects, plant expense projects, and TAR’s (actual, committed and forecast costs; forecast against estimate benchmark).
- Provide input to TAR and project lessons learned process.
- Providing a report of the actual cost incurred and committed for TARs weekly during the FEL3 Stage and daily during the Execute Stage.
- Assuring all invoices are per contracts, correctly processed and charged in SAP.
- Providing final summary of costs at the completion of the TAR/projects including final cost break down comparison analysis.
- Manage and maintain site projects database, ensuring/making timely data updates.
- Manage SAP for all capital projects and plant expense projects at TCC. This includes project set up, creation of WBS structure, MO creation, close out, etc.
- Coordinate and make monthly accruals for ongoing projects.
- Coordinate and make monthly time allocations to capital projects.
- Assist with Capital Project cost center, SPE and capital projects budget updates/reporting.
- Liaison with the business for capital project reporting.
- Provide financial close-out services and assurances for capital projects.
- Perform an appropriate level of analysis to ensure “no surprises” approach utilizing cost data from both INEOS systems and contractor supplied information.
- Manage change control process.
- Identify, analyze, and respond to project opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
- Shares best practices within Aromatics and assures compliance with INEOS standards.
- Understand how the work of the Maintenance, Projects and Turnaround Teams affect the environment. Set performance objectives and provide leadership for your area to minimize impact on the environment. Communicate the importance of these issues to your team. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting 20 INEOS SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments, etc. These initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree
- 7+ years of relevant cost accounting and reporting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite and SAP.
- Must have excellent communications skills in English.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Experience working within a project and / or Turnaround organization
- Ability to collaboratively work in teams
- Knowledge and application of Stage Gate Project Execution Processes
- Experience in any of the following: Construction, Project, or Turnaround
- Excellent Microsoft Office product skills, especially Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Use of P6 for maintaining accurate cash flows
- Demonstrated proficiency in project controls system
- Understanding of Front End Loading concepts and project development
- Data gathering, management, and analytical processes used to predict, understand, and influence the time and cost outcomes of a project or Turnaround.
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
Quality of Work Output
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application