From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibres, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce a number of other specialty petrochemicals products, including metaxylene. We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success. Our progress comes from the energy of our people, a team committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
Purpose and accountabilities
The Controller for INEOS European Aromatics is a critical role in the transition of the Aromatics business from bp to INEOS. The role has the responsibility for building the Finance capabilities for the newly acquired business in Europe. This includes organisation design, process development and transition activities required to align the Finance function to the INEOS model and exit from the Transition Services Agreements provided by bp. The Controller will also play a key role as a member of the European Board and will be active across all areas of the business to ensure a smooth implementation of the transition.
Leading the Finance team and performing a critical role in the European Aromatics Board, this role provides day-to-day support and guidance to the Business Director on all financial matters relating to the European Aromatics business. The role has accountability for the effective running of the finance function in Europe, including ad hoc analysis for Aromatics Board members, financial support for the European Board, annual budgeting, strategic planning, monthly management reporting, forecasting and results communication. Key to the role is robust cost accounting, maintaining business controls and providing financial analysis with the responsibility for accurate reporting of the financial performance of the businesses. Critical to the role is identifying opportunities, taking action to deliver improvements in the financial performance of the businesses, and driving to attain operational targets.
The controller will have six major accountabilities:
- Transition and Building the Finance Function
- Financial and Management Information for Decisions
- Strategic and Operational Financial Planning
- Cost Assurance
- Project management and Process Improvements
- People Management
- Accounting qualification and university degree with at least 10 years of experience in finance business control environment
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Proficiency with financial systems (SAP) and MS suite
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Deep understanding of financial accounting rules and application in various situations
- Plant maintenance and production recording systems
- Understanding of the Chemicals business, production flow and sales environment
- Project management experience and qualification preferred
- Excellent influencing and communication skills both within the Aromatics business and the outside environment
- High ethical standards and strong adherence to accounting principles
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Strong team player who will go the extra mile
- Good organisational skills with flexibility to meet deadlines
- Strong team leadership and development
At INEOS Aromatics, you can add value whilst continuing to develop yourself. You will be able to use your full potential in an inspiring company that places accountability on people where the expectation is to be entrepreneurial with a drive for excellence and improving business results.
Our offer, of course, includes an attractive salary package for a leadership role including fringe benefits.
This role is located in London with occasional travel to Geel (Belgium).
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application