Control of work technician
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a CoW Technician with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Execute all control of work activities resulting from execution of the asset strategy and daily operating activities to achieve the asset safety and reliability targets.
The KG asset consists of a significant number of plant items: circa 5,000 process items; 1,000 motors; 7,500 valves and safety valves; 16,000 instruments; 100 tanks and towers; 2,000 process vessels and heat exchangers etc.
The post-holder will be required to interact positively with others (e.g. Shift Team/ Manager, Maintenance teams, colleagues, trainers, contractors, planners and schedulers to ensure the timely delivery of all work.
- Observe/apply all health and safety rules, procedures, standards and behaviours at all times (e.g. Control of Work, COSHH, Manual Handling, Risk assessments, LOLER & PUWER etc. including the raising and follow-up of any issues/actions as appropriate)
- Drive compliance of the INEOS 20 principles and 7 live saving rules.
- Deliver all control of work activities in accordance with all site and legislative requirements and implement audits to ensure compliance.
- Preparation of asset equipment for maintenance and projects activities.
- Review maintenance work packs and use this information as a base for permit builds.
- Deliver daily routine checks and activities as per procedures and standards to support the asset safety and reliability performance targets.
- Deliver the interface between shift equipment release activities and all maintenance service providers to drive efficient delivery of the asset maintenance, project and TAR plans.
- Provide clear communication on all matters of control of work with plant and control room technicians.
- Ensure all contract personnel adhere to Site/Asset Safety requirements specified in local procedures and RAP.
- Provide asset control of work and process release expertise to TAR and Project planning organisations.
- Produce process release work packs for maintenance/project/TAR activities for the asset.
- Produce and update operating instructions and procedures.
- Carry out equipment tagging as per standard to comply with KG maintenance work flow process
- Work shifts during planned and unplanned Asset outages.
- Deputy for Day Supervisors.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Significant experience in supporting asset operations.
- Intimate knowledge of plant shutdown and release procedures/activities.
- Working knowledge of maintenance activities.
- Expertise in the maintenance work flow process.
- Strong knowledge of Site operating standards/procedures and relevant HSE legislation.
- Effective communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application