Control and Automation Engineer
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
To provide and maintain DCS systems, controls and applications (abnormal situation management, optimisation, etc.) to meet business unit HSE/reliability and commercial targets
You will be Kinneil terminal based, supporting the cores business operation; Kinneil/Landline and Unity platform as a Control and Automation Engineer. This will include:
- Support automation projects, modifications, maintenance activities and upkeep of critical DCS and process control networks which are vital to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Lead maintenance and administration efforts of the Industrial Control System infrastructure, including the interface with IT systems and third party applications.
- Advice/assistance to operations and projects in all aspects of modern control system design and operation; advanced control and regulatory process controls, operator interfaces, alarm management.
- Drive forward the central management of change & co-ordination of control applications across Kinneil with a focus on brown field project integration and execution
- Support for significant areas of capital investment in Process Control, Automation and system integration with third party systems.
- You'll play a part in the leadership and management of Cyber security compliance and implementation for assets under your management
- Develop with the team; innovative solutions to improve productivity and reduce costs through control and optimisation, challenging and targeting normalised inefficient process and practice.
Whilst joining an experienced FPS automation team, you will be responsible for managing day to day operations support and work directly with projects to drive compliance and assurance for your assets and areas of responsibility.
qualifications and technical experience
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with DCS, PLC’s, database management, process control networks
- Ability and enthusiasm for sharing good practices and experiences through informal and formal training methods, working with operators and technicians through to senior management levels.
- Some knowledge of the Honeywell control system platform and partner products, RMPCT, ACM, DyNamo, Uniformance, C200, C300, Experion and Safety Manager integration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server and Workstation platforms
- Working knowledge of process control network security, availability, monitoring and disaster recovery
- Working knowledge; application of process control and advanced process control with a reasonable amount of this experience gained from working in an operational environment.
how to apply
Please register and submit your application via INEOS Opportunities https://www.ineosopportunities.co.uk/
Please note applications not received via this method cannot be considered for interview.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application