INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 171 sites in 24 countries throughout the world. INEOS Joliet is part of the INEOS Enterprises portfolio. INEOS Enterprises is a global market leader in the production of intermediary chemicals that are used as an essential input into chemical value chains across a broad variety of end markets and sectors.
INEOS Joliet is a leading producer of chemical intermediates. At our ~775 acre site in Channahon, Illinois (about 40 miles southwest of Chicago) we produce three products - Purified Isophthalic Acid (PIA), Trimellitic Anhydride (TMA) and Maleic Anhydride (MAN). The site also has a Waste Water Treatment facility with a capacity equal to a city of 200,000 people.
The position is an integral part of the INEOS Joliet SHEQ Team. The SHEQ Team prioritizes safety and environmental objectives and sets compliance expectations for the plant. As part of the SHEQ Team, this individual. This individual will deliver key inputs to drive SHEQ related decision-making and risk management planning for INEOS Joliet by completing key compliance tasks to support SHEQ programs and overall business compliance activities.
The Compliance Administrator is responsible for both technical and administrative tasks related to supporting SHEQ programs and initiatives, in addition to overall business compliance activities. This position delivers key inputs to drive SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality) related decision-making and risk management planning for INEOS Joliet.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ongoing SHE Reporting
- Report out Daily Incident Reports
- Report overdue action items weekly and work with action item owners/supervisor to resolve
- Categorize and compile metrics for SHEQ team from various data sources
- Collects and organize performance data into scorecards/reports and issue them to employees and/or stakeholder
- Compile monthly Environmental data trends by area of the plant
- Compile weekly SHARE report
- Collect and compile monthly 20/20 card data
- Compile monthly Safety Program report (20/20 cards, SHARE and Behavioral Safety Observations)
SHEQ Business Tool Ownership
- Manage incident entry and action item assignment in Velocity EHS including verification of the accuracy of the data
- Evaluating and correcting inconsistencies between Morning Report and software
- Enter action items from investigations, MOCs, PHA, gap assessments, audits, etc.
- Monitor closed investigation action items to ensure the investigation is properly approved and to ensure action items are assigned
- Monitor and resolve incidents still in “Investigation status”
- Ensure environmental incidents have an action item for the Environmental Team to review
- Manage site SHARE program including prompt follow-up and tracking of actions needed
- Proficient with SHAREPOINT and capable of supporting development of improvements and maintenance of the SHEQ site
- Proficient with SAP including responsibility for resolving SHEQ blocked/parked invoices, determining monthly good receipts for the SHEQ blanket POs and tracking other good receipts necessary to maintain SHEQ annual budget
- Alert Find (emergency notification) and VelocityEHS (incident reporting and action item tracker) Administrator
- Post What, Why Learnings from the weekly SHE call on Sharepoint
Support SHEQ Processes
- Ensure Environmental Compliance Activities are completed each month
- Manage site TWIC card compliance including maintenance of TWIC card holder list, expirations and determine new hire TWIC needs
- Manage employee Safety Shoe allowances (approve and track purchases)
- Manage employee FRC Program allowances (approve and track purchases, pickup and distribute)
- Review completed MOC documentation and file appropriately
- Schedule live SHEQ NEO (New Employee Orientation) training and present appropriate modules
- Maintain Environmental Files
- Coordinate weekly Incident Management review meeting including scheduling, ensuring investigation owner is available/ready and processing completed Management Review form
- Complete Asset Care of assigned area
- Participate in SHE programs on a monthly basis (20/20 card, SHARES, and Behavioral Safety Observations) and encourage others to participate as well.
Support Other Business Wide Compliance Activities
- Manage site vehicle license/registration renewals
- Record Management Owner
- Manage Record Retention Index to keep up-to-date with Owner/Custodian reassignments or record locations or media type changes
- Coordinate record destruction when site records have met retention
- Coordinate shredding of site documents
- Manage inactive record storage area to remove expired documents and add new records
- Manage employee separations to:
- Reassign governed records, share drive folders and action items
- Remove separated employees from appropriate SHEQ systems.
- Own and compile required Business Reports (such as Commodity Flow Survey, MA10000 Annual Survey of Manufacturers, BEA Survey, P-tax documents) to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
Support Other Business Activities
- Pickup and process site mail as appropriate including scanning and sending to finance.
- Order Office Supplies and Breakroom Supplies for Administration Building as required.
- Ensure new employees are given basic PPE on first day
- Mail and file completed compliance documentation as necessary
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Math, Science, Economics, Business, or related degree preferred but will consider commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in chemical, refining or industrial manufacturing and/or capital projects or similar data-centric professional environment a plus.
- Prior responsibility for facilitating the use of trend analysis for communicating strategy and progress against goals.
- Strong knowledge/use of MS Office Software products and propensity to learn/use in-house SHEQ software applications.
- Demonstrated successful verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with plant operating personnel.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment and consistently produce results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes time-compressed situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward required.
- Attention to detail and driven to maintain sound compliance system adherence.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team
- Proven track record on performance bias and delivery.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-function environment.
- Ability to plan/organize tasks and consistently produce results with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of the organization in a persuasive and credible manner.
- Ability to extract data sets, apply appropriate analytical tools and provide analysis of trends.
- Leadership capability – demonstrates influence and collaboration skills between multiple individuals and departments.
- Able to work with limited supervision while timely delivering role commitments.
This job is performed mainly in a temperature-controlled office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures on a computer monitor. The employee must walk, stand and travel by car or other means. They must be able to work in a variety of environments that include both fieldwork and deskwork. Minimum requirements include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of all other personnel. This includes knowledge of procedures and rules.
- Being able to work in a data sensitive environment.
- Must be able to don necessary PPE to support field tasks.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs to maintain inactive storage records.
- Ability to appropriately deal with multiple & changing site priorities.
- Maintaining constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of all other personnel. This includes knowledge procedures and rules.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination; or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment): or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application