Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is part of a dedicated team that provides a security and emergency response service to Runcorn Site so that incidents and emergencies are managed and measures taken to protect people, operating equipment and the environment.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Working with local plant operations teams, provide an effective emergency response (i.e. to medical, fire, chemical emissions incidents). This includes maintenance and provision of equipment for use in an emergency (fire extinguishers, breathing apparatus etc.).
- Provide a security service including advice and oversight of site access control, auditing and incident investigation.
- Care for and review injured personnel, generate patient report forms and liaise with local hospitals for out-of-hours patient referrals.
- Deliver internal training and associated assessments, including the use of RPE, stand-by man, and fire fighting for the INOVYN's UK sites.
- Must live in local area; within 11 minutes travel to Runcorn Site (under normal traffic conditions).
Key skills & experience required:
- Proven experience of working in the chemical industry including a full appreciation of the safety, health and environmental requirements associated with a Top Tier COMAH site.
- Exemplary SHE behaviours are essential.
- Able to remain calm and methodical in approach in pressurised situations.
- High concern for standards.
- Able to show initiative.
- Good critical information-seeking skills.
- Conceptual thinker..
- Adaptable and flexible
- Must be in good health due to physical demands of emergency situations.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies