1. Purpose of the job: describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organisation’s objectives
The role is designed to be a development position within the commercial function and team, covering all commercial operations and transactional related activities, granting candidate wide exposure and developing coverage for staff shortage or business growth/succession options for the team.
2. Environment/Context: describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
- Internally need to learn aspects of basic commercial process and operations, logistics and sales support activities, supporting and co-ordinating with existing team members in logistics, operations, CAC team, and sales and marketing, to provide extra support and coverage to ensure business continuity and achieve best value for Ineos’ interests
- Externally need to learn to communicate & negotiate with external customers, shipowners, traders, brokers to collect market information, and ensure Ineos can react quickly to market changes.
3. Accountabilities of the job: describe the main results expected from the job
- Start from distribution market study and management in SE&S Asia, then slowly pickup some key customers’ account management.
- Support sales contract development and preparation process;
- Support data preparation and analysis for competitors, raw materials (feedstock) and market trending.
- Learn basic principles and activities of Customer Account Coordination, including trade and financial instruments in order to be able to provide back up as and when necessary
- Learn basic principles of supply planning and logistics procurement
- To receive training to enable competent back up for SEA&SA sales manager
4. Required profile:
Level of education & Experience in general
Diploma or Degree or Professional Qualification from any discipline is acceptable;
Candidate with 0-3 years working experience is encouraged to apply;
- Self-driven with a positive attitude;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Courage to speak up, articulate, provide ideas and challenge status-quo;
- Fast learner and take up tasks from multiple commercial areas/activities;
- Ability to work within a diverse geographical team, jointly delivering key performance targets;
- Ability to problem solve, disruptor and quick thinker.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Proven analytical skills;
- Proven record of active participation in co-curricular activities;
- Any past internship or working experience in area of Supply Chain, Logistics, Sales or Marketing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, ability to converse & write in Mandarin can be added advantage.