CIVILS STRUCTURAL Engineer
Title: Civil & Structural Engineer (SME)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: HQ1 Grangemouth
Closing date: Wednesday 4th January
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies. In our culture, you will have the autonomy and ability to feel empowered in your role from day one which leads to a fulfilling career with us.
We require a Civil & Structural Engineer to play a key role in the delivery and support of the growth in our business.
The Civil & Structural Engineer defines and oversees the implementation of the structural and civil integrity management strategy. The engineer is also accountable for defining and maintaining civil and structural engineering standards for INEOS O&P. The primary purpose of the standards is ensuring safe, reliable and compliant operations for the business.
The full suite of civil and structural equipment that comes under the discipline’s remit is vast. This includes the primary, secondary and tertiary structures relevant to the operating assets plant structures, pipe supports, jetties, moorings, dolphins, roads, process buildings, bunds, culverts, access platforms, walkways and gantries.
The civil and structural engineer is primarily accountable for the creation, development and implementation of a structural and civils integrity management strategy. In addition, the role shall:
- Develops and maintain the long term inspection plans for civil & structural inspectable items. This includes primary, secondary and tertiary structures.
- Coordinate the delivery of the required inspection program through day to day management of any 3rd party civil and structural inspection resources
- Reviews report from 3rd party inspections, assesses the findings and write fit for service statement reports.
- Determine priority and timing of any reported repairs and set periodicity of next inspection.
- Where defects are discovered, the role coordinates or conducts fitness for service assessments in accordance with discipline engineering codes and standards
- Define corrective actions or recommendations for discovered issues including the definition of repair requirements
- Raise and facilitate plant modifications for Civil and Structural modifications or equipment changes
- Provide discipline review of related plant modifications.
- Provide a discipline view on business budgets required to implement the civil and structural integrity strategy. This includes budgets for specialist inspection & engineering services
- Select and design cost effective technical solutions to structural problems
- Deliver detailed engineering activities including detailed studies that may require external support by 3rd parties including checks on fabrication documents, designs, calculations & drawings.
- Provide discipline support in the application of regulatory and company standards to site.
- Ensure that significant equipment failures & external learnings are reviewed and changes / recommendations are implemented to our standards to prevent reoccurrence
- Support and provide technical guidance to discipline practitioners such as civil and structural construction supervisors
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer
- 10+ years’ experience
- Familiar with LOLER and PUWER Regulations
- Experience of Oil & Gas, Refining or Chemical Industries.
- Wide Range of Benefits including Discounted Private Medical Insurance, travel Insurance, high street discounts etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Business Performance Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including Employer Contributions
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tusker Car Scheme (subject to 12 mth qualification period)
- Ongoing Career Development
Interested candidates should submit their CV via Jobs at INEOS | INEOS Group (ineosopportunities.co.uk) .
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability further.
Successful applicants will then be invited to a formal face-to-face or MS Teams interview which will consist of competency and technical based questions. Depending on the role you are applying for there may be additional assessments relating to the job.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application