Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for site roads, embankments, pipe bridges and drainage systems, to ensure the assets are inspected and maintained to engineering standards appropriate for the COMAH assets they support. As a Civil Engineer, the post holder also provides specialist functional expertise on all aspects of civil and structural engineering to the Runcorn Site operations, engineering and projects.
- Ensure the safety of those working around and on infrastructure assets.
- Manage the condition of site roads, pipe bridges, embankments and drainage systems through routine inspections and definition/oversight of remedial works.
- Develop and manage long term plans to ensure asset condition is maintained.
- Manage budgets and forecast costs for routine and project expenditure.
- Provide civil engineering consultancy to projects and staff as required, including training on topics required for compliance with site instructions.
Key skills & knowledge required:
- Degree or HND with graduate potential and 10 years' practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of relevant legislation including HASAWA 1974; Work at Height Regulations 2005; Standards for Highways; Health & Safety in Construction HSG 150; Avoiding danger from Underground Services HSG47.
- Knowledge of ICERs and ICEGs for civil engineering topics.
- Practical experience in solving problems relating to structures, earthworks, drainage and containment systems.
- Able to develop clear and detailed scopes of work that accurately communicate work requirements, critical safety and quality information as well as contractual constraints.
- Understanding of contracts as well as terms and conditions.
- Experience in budgets, reporting of spend and management of accruals.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Excel spreadsheets for the analysis of cost data.
- Able to schedule and prioritise to deliver inspection, project and maintenance activities on time in full.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application