Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
As the key chlor alkali R&D expert, the post holder leads the research team to contribute to the growth and sustenance strategy of the INOVYN chlor alkali business by constantly monitoring and improving related processes and developing new technologies in the field.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Ensure safe working behaviour and conditions in the R&D laboratories and pilot plant.
- Steer and manage related R&D projects in line with business and site requirements.
- Ensure an effective Knowledge Management process is in place to keep and develop chlor alkali expertise within the group and protect INOVYN's Intellectual Property.
- Manage the Metallographic Laboratory hosted in Rosignano to provide expertise on metallic and non-metallic equipment to the whole group.
- For major technology-based Capex projects, ensure R&D support to the project team by allocating resources when necessary.
Key skills & experience:
- Ph.D in chemistry or in chemical engineering, or at least equivalent through extensive proven experience.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in industrial R&D of which 10+ years in chlor-alkali related topics, including a minimum of 2-3 years of managing an R&D or equivalent team.
- Knowledge of electrochemistry, inorganic and analytical chemistry, material science.
- Knowledge and experience in chlor-alkali processes: brine treatment, salt plants, membrane technologies, derivatives (sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, solid caustic soda), chemical engineering, material science and technology.
- Knowledge of R&D best practice and Intellectual Property concepts.
- Result orientation.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are appreciated.
- Strong influencer and communicator, able to interact with other parts of the organisation.
- Open to innovation and breakthroughs in Research & Technology.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow through to completion.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application