Chemical Process Operator
Channahon, Illinois, United States
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
- The global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 6 billion EUR in 2021
The Position: Chemical Process Operator -This function exists to monitor and maintain equipment and process performance, adjusting per observations and/or input from the process control operator. This includes troubleshooting equipment or process problems and effective communication with peers. The incumbent will perform in a safe, hazard–free and environmentally sound work area. The expectation is for all technicians to advance.
What you will do:
- Report all incidents including activations of safety critical alarms/systems or exceedances of operating envelopes.
- Participation as needed for incident investigations, Management of Change, Process Hazard Analysis/LOPA.
- Preserve high standards of housekeeping and organization
- Follow the workflow process. Initiate work notifications as required and assist maintenance personnel when appropriate.
- Monitoring process and equipment performance, responding to deviations, including appropriate troubleshooting. Inform shift supervisor of any changes in conditions or adjustments as needed.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance/shutdown activities and perform routine maintenance.
- Assist in routine start-up and shutdown of process units.
- Maintain detailed written records and ensure effective shift turnover.
- Train, recertify/demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of assigned areas as directed or required; this includes rotating through qualified operating positions. Also, assist in training of other personnel.
- Unload liquid raw material products from tank cars.
- Load liquid byproducts to tank cars and tank trucks.
- Receive and unload dry van trucks. Coordinate with the guard station to ensure safe, secure and efficient traffic and unloading.
- Deliver raw materials and supplies to production units as needed. Retrieve scrap boxes and pallets, and ship re-usable containers to suppliers.
- For bulk truck shipments of scrap, weigh trucks in and out of site, and direct trucks to the proper loading area.
- Maintain housekeeping in the warehouse and hopper car leaning areas daily.
What you will bring:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years of college with emphasis in math and science or a Chemical Process Operator Certificate preferred.
- Basic mechanical knowledge (for example, familiarity with use of hand/power tools and valves) is preferred.
- Must be willing to work a rotating/swing shift schedule and to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Strong work ethic, attitude and safety-consciousness required.
- Must have strong communication skills, proficient knowledge of computers, including email and Microsoft Office software
- Must be dependable, enthusiastic and can work in a highly functional team environment.
- Continuous standing, walking and alternate sitting/standing above 8 hours, balancing, climbing, reaching above shoulder level, and simple/firm grasping with both hands.
- Frequent lifting up to 11-20lbs, carrying up to 10lbs, pushing/pulling while standing, crouching, kneeling, twisting/turning, and exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels and wet conditions.
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to 11-50lbs, viewing Monitor CTR, traveling, pushing/pulling while seated, crawling, fine manipulation with both hands and exposure to dust/gas fumes, chemicals/solvents, allergic agents, reduced light levels and electrical sources.
- Medical clearance to wear a full-face respirator.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Channahon, Illinois, United States, only one hour from Chicago, Illinois.
What we offer to you:
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay, and bonuses.
- A comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, and life and accidental death insurance plans
- Retirement savings with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
It does not matter where you come from, who you are or how you see yourself. We have an inclusive approach that is open and transparent and welcomes talent first and foremost. At INEOS, we believe a diverse business provides the right platform for open and innovative thinking, and that’s where the best ideas come from. We are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity.
- We are committed to the safety and personal well-being of all our employees
- We offer a positive learning environment and support career growth
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute and donate to the communities in which we operate
- We are determined to deliver circular, low-carbon styrenics that are safe and sustainable
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team