INEOS Composites is the global leader in a broad range of general-purpose and high-performance grades of unsaturated polyester and vinyl ester resins, gelcoats and low-profile additives for the plastics industry. INEOS Composites’ materials are used in several global markets: including building materials; corrosion-resistant fibre reinforced plastic; recreation; transportation; and wind energy. The business has operations in multiple locations in the US, Europe, Brazil, India and China.
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference. Our culture is one of honesty, integrity, and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join our INEOS Composites business at our Barcelona office (Spain) – on site
The job holder will be a key member of the EMEA Composites Procurement team, reporting to EMEA Procurement Leader.
With 4 Plants, approx. 300FTEs, >200 customers and 100 suppliers we are one of the leading producers of UPR resins & Gel Coats and #1 supplier of VER in EMEA.
The role is critical to business success with raw material spend accounting of about 80MEur in a highly competitive market with multiple end use segments and constantly evolving dynamics.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate assigned raw material needs at the EU plants. Sourcing and allocations of needs to suppliers making sure safety targets (Recordable injury rate and losses of containment) are met
• Review and resolution of delivery incidents with suppliers
• Market analysis and definition of sourcing strategies
• Analysis of internal requirements / product specifications and optimization of total cost of ownership
• Participation in product development when innovative sourcing solutions are needed
• Coordination of the implementation of transport and logistics at the assigned plants
• Negotiations with suppliers; with strong focus on maintaining current positions with strategic partners while improving costs and working capital of the company
• Controlling and reporting of purchasing data: writing reports and purchasing forecasts and analyzing cost figures
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
Level of education & Experience in general
- Preferably Economics or Engineering Degree
- Indispensable high level of spoken and written English; Spanish desired. Other languages such as Finnish, Polish, or French are a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Category Manager - Raw materials sourcing or at least exposure to Chemical Industry environment.
- Good know –how of excel indispensable
- Experience working in multicultural / multinational environments
- Experienced in purchasing / procurement preferably in an international chemical or technical environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Direct / Indirect procurement practices, business operation is required.
- Experienced in SAP
- Project management skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communications & negotiation skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Financial acumen & analytical skills
- Action / results oriented & energetic – agile profile.
- Flexible /adaptable profile
- Team work