INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene (PP) and Polyethylene (PE). Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has approximately 1300 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of $3 to $4 billion.
How the Role Fits In:
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Purpose of position is to ensure safety, quality, reliability, productivity and efficiency of the Customer Service organization. Position will enhance the relationship with our customer base to continuously improve customer satisfaction. The position is responsible for the customer-service analysts, customer master/invoicing coordinator, truck-and-terminal coordinator, and the rail-operations coordinator in INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA. Position is responsible for approximately $1.7mm in cash fixed costs, 12 employees and 1 contract employee.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Meet SHEQ objectives including import/export compliance and comply with all governmental laws and policies.
- Follow a comprehensive SHEQ management process including audits, corrective-action tracking, and incident investigation.
- Support emergency response.
- Serve as BST member on site for Hurricane Planning purposes.
Meet operating plan for the PP and PE Sales and Business teams to include the proactive management to include cash fixed and variable costs, proactive positioning of product availability and service delivery, and ship to schedule targets as defined by the Business teams and Logistics Operations.
- Develop, support, and implement cost-reduction strategies.
- Develop, support, and implement order to fulfilment improvement strategies
- Direct impact in managing 1.7 billion pounds of PP and 3.5 billion pounds of PE.
- Manage Customer Service to optimize 50,000 deliveries per year for NAFTA and Export PP/PE sales. Optimize Customer Service Analysts to deliver 110 million lbs of consignment sales of PP and PE.
Manage Supply Chain Process Exceptions to drive performance improvement and enhanced process delivery.
Stewardship of people
- Identify and define training requirements for the Customer Service Team
- Based on weekly audits of Process Exceptions, hold timely training to reinforce problematic areas.
- Define resource levels related to training and development.
- Coach employees to achieve their goals agreed to on their Performance Contracts.
- Process and plan in place for succession of employees within the Customer Service.
- Internal Role – Provide leadership to achieve high individual and team-performance goals.
- External Role – exceed the expectations of our customers in service and product delivery.
- Direct relationship and impact on our service providers, i.e. Logistics Management Resources and IntelliTrans.
Meet commitments to the Businesses, Sales, Customers, Logistics and Site Logistics Operations, and related Stakeholders in the most-efficient and value-added manner possible.
- Ship product on time within specification.
- Promptly close out non-conformances.
- Manage costs for non-primary shipments and approve Process Exceptions for best customer and cost outcomes.
- Drive enhanced customer satisfaction by tracking, measuring and continuing to improve customer relations.
- Manage performance of external order placing software.
- Establish effective working relationships with Manufacturing, Sales, Businesses, and other internal customers.
- Manage and report, on a monthly basis, the Supply Chain Performance Contract to the Supply Chain Manager. Measurements detailing accomplishments with set metrics to meet budgeted targets. Align PE/PP work load across the Customer Service team to optimize service, cost, and cross training.
Develop Management of Change documentation for Customer Service to include rebalancing of account assignments, and moving CSA’s to support other customers.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of Education & Experience
BA in Business or other discipline.
- 10 years’ experience in chemicals/polymers, sales and marketing, business management, or supply chain operations.
- Past supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Having managed 5 or more personnel preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent SAP skills. MS Office Suite – advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of Arkieva or similar scheduling and optimization platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of modal track-and-trace and order placement platforms.
- Knowledge of safety- and quality-management systems.
- Excellent people-management and team-management skills.
- Experience in managing a Customer Service organization.
- Experience with analyzing data and using it as a decision support tool or using it as a training platform for personnel.
- Experience with rail and bulk-truck operations strongly preferred.
- Performance Bias: On a daily basis, ensure costing is optimized for customers and INEOS. Engage decision support tools to make accurate decisions i.e. Tableau Dashboards, GVP, Freight Estimator and Arkieva. Ability to work closely with Sales and the Businesses across all levels to provide timely and accurate decisions. Ability to manage DOA for all of Supply Chain when SC Manager delegates to this position.
- Business Awareness: Thorough knowledge of INEOS strategies and interrelationships, ability to make judgments that are reasonable for the Businesses, Sales, Customers, Partners, and external agencies. Keen awareness of business strategies within the industry and impact of external events on our operations.
- Leading People: Ability to communicate to direct reports INEOS strategy and quality policy to ensure that each team member understands their role in this context and why it is important. Able to delegate to team members to provide them with the authority and responsibility to fulfill their position requirements. Ability to communicate and present to any audience at any time, and at all levels of the company.
- Partnership and Teamwork: Ability to motivate others whether they are inside or outside of the company and across different cultures. Ability to develop and create an extensive business network both inside and outside of the company to enhance results. Able to perform in diverse situations, creating an environment where diverse groups can thrive.
- Wise Decisions: Able to consider all alternative courses of action, both long term and short term, in order to arrive at a decision based on overall impact to the Company and our Customers. Able to think clearly, and to stay focused and calm during adverse situations. Capability to anticipate, identify and prioritize highly complex issues on short notice. Ability to make decisions and manage the risk of same.
- Innovation: Ability to anticipate emerging situations in advance and proactively plan for deployment of structured solutions to mitigate disruptions to the Businesses and the Sales team. Ability to evaluate business conditions from a strategic perspective, yet make recommendations and decisions at the working level. Coach others to think outside of the box for solutions and to aid them in understanding the business’ short- and long-term goals.
External candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.