Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder works within our Mechanical Maintenance Team to provide maintenance, repair, testing, modification and installation of all mechanical equipment within the PVC manufacturing operations.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain a continuous high level of availability of plant and equipment required to satisfy production needs.
- Provide first line mechanical support, performing a wide range of maintenance activities, including routine preventative maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of malfunction, effect repairs and return to service a wide range of mechanical equipment including heavy industrial pumps, compressors, gearboxes, fans, valves, agitators and basic pipework systems.
- Perform workshop repairs and overhauls of items.
- Make mechanical plant modifications.
Key skills & experience:
- High level of commitment to safety, health and the environment and effective work performance.
- Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent, preferably with several years post apprenticeship experience in a similar role.
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in a mechanical maintenance discipline.
- Experienced working in high hazard environments (COMAH).
- Fully conversant with change management processes and able to read drawings and provide relevant documentation.
- An understanding of the various PVC production processes is preferable.
- Experience of working in and maintaining process plant and equipment; experience in service and repair of diesel-driven pumps and generators desirable.
- High standards of work and attention to detail; good thinking and diagnostic skills.
- Team player with a flexible approach to work. Able to work alone using own initiative and take the lead where required.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application