Purpose of the job
Manage and optimise INEOS Styrolution’s ABS APAC Business, manage the product portfolio, deliver financial targets, minimise working capital, and deliver the business expansion plans.
- The volatility of the ABS and raw materials’ markets, dynamic competition activities, regulatory changes, customers’ trends.
- Global macroeconomic trends and influence on the supply/demand balance. Translating this view into the appropriate tactics to deliver the P&L target.
- Manage and develop the ABS APAC Business team
- Cooperate with Sales teams, SCM, Manufacturing, R&D, RDC, Technical support, GTO, Product Stewardship, and EMEA/AMER ABS Business teams.
- Budget, production constraints, shutdowns, margin + sales volume target, working capital target, product developments, global product flow.
Accountabilities of the job
Comply with Company guidelines and policies:
- Deliver SHE excellence across the ABS APAC team: zero first aids, recordables and LTIs for job holder and direct reports.
- Respect and insure ABS APAC team respect internal DOA and policies.
- Lead the interface between Business Management, Sales, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing, to ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the business.
- Drive assets optimisation to insure lowest variable costs.
- Develop Ningbo ABS (Kaimen) marketing strategy.
- Develop and deliver the sustainable solutions business targets.
- Propose Business development and acquisition opportunities.
- Define commercial messages (communication, press releases, sales team).
- Maintain and update Business Rules
- Control Business team fixed costs within the agreed budget.
- Strategic planning of the Standard ABS business in APAC including budgeting and monthly financial forecasting.
- Translate the annual OP into ambitious sCM1/volume targets for the sales teams.
- Define and update APAC ABS marketing strategy, short/mid/long term: regional/product/industry/customer targets, contract/spot balance, Monomers/Polymers formula ratio, etc. in cooperation with Sales Director.
- Manage Key Accounts (Covestro, HP, Samsung, Mattel…) with KAMs.
- Design and review major sales contracts in cooperation with Sales Director.
- Develop and maintain the feedstock hedging contract process.
Market Intelligence & Product Management:
- Develop, maintain, and communicate regional ABS market intelligence.
- Review competitors’ activities (market position, strategy, strengths and weaknesses, products’ properties...), and customer requirements/trends.
- Optimize product mix considering the marketing strategy and ideal ABS production.
- Work with R&D, GTO, RDC, Manufacturing to improve products in line with business needs and customers’ trends.
Pricing and Exposure Management:
- Define weekly sales tactics (pricing, volume) in cooperation with Sales Director, PM.
- Monitor sales progress and forecast, identify areas for improvement, adjust pricing.
- Manage ABS forward deals and Feedstock hedging.
- Monitor and report price exposure on regular basis.
- Review SM/BD/AN contracts proposed by Procurement and suggest improvements.
- Manage and monitor the production planning and rolling forecast process.
- Define/update the monthly regional sales volume targets during the RSF process.
- Define and deliver Working Capital and inventory targets.
- Manage the intercompany global product flow with the EMEA/AMER interfaces.
- Optimize scheduled plant turnarounds timing together with Manufacturing.
- Optimize Production product mix to insure safe/reliable operation and highest CM1.
- Operate in the region as member of the Standard Polymers Management team.
- Manage and motivate the ABS APAC Business team.
- Develop team members and propose trainings when necessary.
Level of education & Experience in general
- Bachelor Degree, technical emphasis required
- 10+ years of experience in the Chemical Industry, especially market facing: production planning, Product Management, Manufacturing, etc.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to manage and integrate data from many sources
- Good interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to facilitate and lead an inter-cultural and inter-functional team
- Inventory, forecasting and sales experience
- Business awareness and commercial performance bias
- IT, English, some Asian languages would be a plus
- Contract law and contracting strategy and negotiation
- SHE leadership
- Order to cash processes
Competencies and Behavioral skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in multifunctional teams. Leadership skills
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a highly dynamic environment
- Action oriented, with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
For more information please contact Rose Liu
INEOS STYROLUTION SHANGHAI
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application