INEOS Electrochemical Solutions is a world leading manufacturer of industrial scale electrolysis technologies, principally used in the chlor-alkali industry to produce chlorine, a key component of life.
With comprehensive research and manufacturing facilities in the UK, we operate globally, and have been continually developing our state-of-the-art BICHLOR™ electrolysers and CHLORCOAT™ electrode coatings for over 35 years.
Main role purpose:
The post holder sells chlor-alkali electrolysers and associated electrode coatings and refurbishment services to chlor-alkali producers, principally in India and Bangladesh whilst building market share, presence and reputation
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain an excellent safety, health and environmental record by planning and conducting activity to avoid injury, and promoting and practicing the INEOS safety culture.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for the territory and ensure INEOS Electrochemical Solutions (‘IES’) is aware of and is well positioned to bid for project demands when they arise.
- Proactively and regularly visit customers and prospects, promoting IES products and services within the territory.
- Understand the market and maintain data that reflects the chlor-alkali market and operators.
- Build relationships with engineering contractors and coordinate activities with sales agents.
Key skills & experience:
- At least 5 years in a front line commercial role (sales of equipment / technology).
- Minimum degree educated, preferably chemical engineering or a commercial subject discipline (such as marketing)
- Experience of the Indian chemical industry at industrial plant level is preferable.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of our products.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Able to build trust with customer contacts at all levels from plant operator to board level, in different cultures and backgrounds.
- Tenacity and independence.
- Willing and able to undertake significant travel.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).