Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of $6.5 billion. The IT organization provides support to 1900 employees and 600 contractors.
How the Role Fits In:
Unavailability of IT assets can have direct, negative impact on business performance. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive and business processes that rely on technology continue to function.Problem solving done by the individual is limited to choosing from among multiple procedures fitting known patterns of problems.
The work is within established boundaries with detailed scopes with some latitude to act without having all actions reviewed.
Results are defined by supervisor, but the individual has freedom to use established procedures for work processes.
The individual focuses on completion of specific tasks.
Purpose of Job
Provide direct, secure support in the development and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, and Datacenters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide support for the technical components of our internal computing environment. This includes networks, servers, protocols, hardware, operating systems, firewalls, etc.
• The individual works with clearly defined objectives; and seeks clarification if needed;
• Understands the value of procedures and policies and works within them; and seeks help and advice as required to meet timelines;
• Applies general technical principles within well defined policies.
• The employee is given priorities and may deviate from established procedures if directed to. Occasional direct monitoring of the job is typical.
• Direct, hands-on support for business critical systems including: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (now known as MECM) deployment tools, software packaging/distribution, client image management, patch management, hardware/software asset reporting, Network Administration, Active Directory, File and Print management.
• Daily maintenance of Networking, Servers, Client PCs, Active Directory, IT Security, etc.
• Assists in the development of as-built and new systems/application documentation, training materials, and occasical training delivery.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in computer-related field or minimum 5 years experience
• Understands technical aspects of role and performs work with minimal supervision
Advanced technical skills in most of the following areas:
• Digital Security Technology
• TCP/IP Networking
• Microsoft Directory Services
• Group Policy Administration/Management
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
• Server Backup Systems
• Mobile Device Management
• Able to work well with others, giving and receiving information willingly;
• Awareness of workplace diversity; Ability to work with colleagues.• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
• Solves well defined problems without or with only partially defined steps to solutions in area of discipline.
• Able to solve complex, but predictable, problems where solutions are known to exist within core discipline.
• Shares information with others; organizes data; gathers information systematically; seeks input from others.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.